Merab Dvalishvili on the result of his fight.

As a person who grapples, and has been choked out cold...let me go OUT, its fine. If he wanted to tap, he had every chance, he was fighting, even though it may not look like it, to layman.
Don't worry, I know what fighting a choke looks like. You're not the only one who grapples.

That was some grade a bullshit, a fighter selling the ref after 15 minutes are over. That ref is a real asshole let that choke go the full 40 seconds make the guy suffer threw it THEN declared him out after the fight.

Easy appeal imo.
I disagree. Commissions don't like to change the call the ref made if there's any doubt or uncertainty. If there's no doubt the ref was wrong, they'll change it, but generally they go with the ref. It's really not clear if he was out or not, and I'm certainly not going to just take him at his word

I'm 99.9% sure. If you ever fought through chokes before, you would know. Out is out, no legs kicking, totally limp...that's out. Its not uncommon during a choke to "fade" in and out, doesn't mean you're out...that's like saying a fighter that gets rocked is "KO'd". Look at how Kongo KO'd Barry. This is the same issue I had with Lee/Chiesa. Tap or nap, that's it.
Do you remember when Holly Holm was chocked out and kept throwing punches ?

He should've got his ass right back up when the bell sounded. In that situation if you stay down, people will think you're out.
He literally turned to the ref and said he was ok when Simon said he was out.

He should've got his ass right back up when the bell sounded. In that situation if you stay down, people will think you're out.
Most keyboard warrior post ever read, stfu and go to bed. If he was out or not that was gruelling fight and he was fighting a choke for almost a minute. You get up after that hero.

Do you remember when Holly Holm was chocked out and kept throwing punches ?

Do you remember that she was throwing UNTIL she went out. You've never been choked out, I understand. The second her arms went LIMP, the ref stepped in. Back to the sidelines for you.

7RNAd5pUyBj44.gif

Don't worry, I know what fighting a choke looks like. You're not the only one who grapples.

Oh no, I'm sure you know what it LOOKS like, but not what it feels like.

Looked like he was out for a split second with that twitching leg and his eyes back... Tough call

Still bullshit cuz ref stopped it because of the end of the round, regardless if he was out or not, ref gotta stop or before the bell if he thinks he's out

Correct, but the fight was over and the ref didn’t stop it.

Exactly, revisionist history?? Nah man, you didn't make the call at the moment of truth you do NOT get a do over - nonsense.

it's pretty clear some of you all haven't been choked before. He wasn't out. he was experiencing the rush of blood surging back to his noggin. It's wave after the pressure is released from the artery. It's not anything foreign to those who have trained and escaped a choke.

And for those who say "why didn't he get up right away".... you ever fought for 15mins? Let alone as hard as that man did?

Great fight regardless of the controversy. I look forward to Merab fighting like a madman again.
yeah he's seriously fun to watch. after that first round I didn't think it was possible for him to have any gas left, but he did.

Do you remember that she was throwing UNTIL she went out. You've never been choked out, I understand. The second her arms went LIMP, the ref stepped in. Back to the sidelines for you.

7RNAd5pUyBj44.gif
She wasn’t throwing until she went out. As her lights were going out it was like a reflex reaction.

Oh no, I'm sure you know what it LOOKS like, but not what it feels like.
I am fully aware of how fighting a tight choke feels, but I don't want to argue here about who trains IRL and who doesn't. So thanks, but I'm just going to say that I maintain a difference in opinion and leave it at that.

Back