Men age better than women but women live longer than men. Can you explain it?

Do men actually age better than woman, I'm not sure that's the case when looking at the average person. I think that has more to do with how society views men and women, than how they age.

Regarding why men die younger, there's a variety of reasons. Genetic factors like worse abdominal fat distribution, worse immune system, higher blood pressure, worse hormone profile for longevity - estrogen is cardio protective and testosterone the opposite, and size. All of this leads to men being at a higher risk of diseases like heart attacks, strokes and cancer. Then there are social/lifestyle factors like higher rates of severe drug use, social stigma limiting access to care, more accidents and higher rates of suicide which compounds the effect.

Do men actually age better than woman, I'm not sure that's the case when looking at the average person. I think that has more to do with how society views men and women, than how they age.

Regarding why men die younger, there's a variety of reasons. Genetic factors like worse abdominal fat distribution, worse immune system, higher blood pressure, worse hormone profile for longevity - estrogen is cardio protective and testosterone the opposite, and size. All of this leads to men being at a higher risk of diseases like heart attacks, strokes and cancer. Then there are social/lifestyle factors like higher rates of severe drug use, social stigma limiting access to care, more accidents and higher rates of suicide which compounds the effect.
On top of all that they have to deal with women's bs....

Probably lose patience for that over time

There has to be more to it than that. Black women have thinner skin than white dudes probably but black women definitely age better
I think I read that even though on average women start with a lower collagen base, they have less drop-off than men as they age. So I don't at what point those two lines cross, but there might be something to it.

Off the top of my head...

I don't know many women that go on 48-72 hour coke benders in Vegas. I'm sure they exist. I could write a LIST of dudes, and uhhm ... they did a lot more than coke.

Also

It means you’re just attracted to older men, not that they age better. What a way to find out you’re gay.

I guess that might be the truth, but a lot of it lies in societal standards and psychological preferences for men and women and what defines attractive.

In general, a lot of people let themselves go as they get older and just become more unattractive in general. But of course men and women alike can do a lot to maintain a certain level of attractiveness. I mean, who's kicking Selma Hayek out of bed these days? Or Sophia Vergara?

I realize these are outliers and most people will say "but they still looked better 20 years ago" Which may be true but that really just because men prefer women that are still of child bearing age on a subconscious level.

I've heard that when people talk about dating. Men tend to retain their attractive qualities longer than women.

Also in terms of physicality men might retain more strength, bone density etc. as they go into their 50s and 60s.

So its a good question why are women living longer, that suggests they are healthier later in life.

Just too many factors involved. More men tend to die young and at work, that probably skews the numbers, also the bigger your body the more stress you put on your heart and other organs. Men in general seem to be less self conscious at least older guys.

Who's to say? Imo its not that big a difference. Men live to mid 70s and women to live to around 80. Its just a few years and unless im one of the healthier old people on the planet i dont want to live too far into my 70s, if im being honest.

I think this is because of the fact that in the past, women were homemakers and men were bread winners and its possible that working 9 to 5 + working dangerous manual labor jobs were more stressful and back in the day, we had tons of wars and so lots of men had PTSD and unhealthy habit to cope with it.

I feel like we have to let this modern generation play out because now its more of an even playing field. Everyone these days have to work and working conventional job is extremely stressful. So we have to wait for the new data.

Also women tend to be in to yoga and self care more but this is changing, tons of guys who are in to self-care, yoga, meditation, stress management, mental health and healthy living while before, that would be considered "sissy" behavior.

I read once that men and women of the same height tend to have a life span that is equal to each other. That is something I've noticed in my family also, guys who are shorter have tended to live longer. It isn't universally true but in general it has been that way.

Why that is I don't know, but maybe when shorter organs needs to work less hard.

I read once that men and women of the same height tend to have a life span that is equal to each other. That is something I've noticed in my family also, guys who are shorter have tended to live longer. It isn't universally true but in general it has been that way.

Why that is I don't know, but maybe when shorter organs needs to work less hard.

It's because manlets have less stress since they've accepted their fate and are generally happier with less.

I think using makeup regularly for years can cause degradation to the face.

Yes, men age better because they're still in the game to make kids.

Women age like milk because there is a huge evolutionary benefit to having the maternal grandmother about and her not having more kids, hence the menopause.

Women live longer because they have more stable genetic code and are more average. XX Vs XY, the Y is an X missing a leg, means more variation and less stability.

Also estrogen and lower T is better for immune function for complex reasons.

our bodies do not make as much Elastin as we get older, more lines and wrinkles. Gingers definitely age quicker on the surface as they are paler and not so much melonin, the darker the skin colour the less lines.

At some point as we get older we start to become transparent to people under a certain age, then one day we become invisible. We stop being seen as a sexual being, simple as that.
It happens to almost everyone, maybe not billionaires!
It happens to females at a much younger age.

Men don't age better, not even close. It's just that the beauty/attractiveness standards of men aren't based on youth.

Men don't cope with stress and emotion well and it kills us from within. Physical labor/activities wear us down.

I think using makeup regularly for years can cause degradation to the face.
Have a few female friends with super fucked up skin and suspect this is a contributing factor.

Also would be interesting to rate this along socio economic lines

Back