Melora Hardin accuses Todd Bridges of an inappropriate kiss 40 years ago.

Alphaboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://people.com/tv/melora-hardin-inappropriate-kiss-todd-bridges-diffrent-strokes/

This is honestly the crap that makes many people not take the #metoo movement seriously. A teenager tried to kiss another teenager, she didn't like it, moved on, and decided to make a big deal out of it 40 years later because it's now trendy.

We can't keep conflating shit like I guy trying to kiss a girl, or a man's bad attempt at flirting with rape. Doing so either minimalizes rape, which is bad, or paints awkward guys as rapists, which is also bad.

Besides, just about every heterosexual kiss or sexual attempt starts with the guy making a move and escalating if the woman shows enthusiasm or mutual compliance. If she does not approve or moves away he should stop and that should be that. I mean, how many people actually say things like "would you like to kiss me at this moment?" Very few, but that doesn't make them all rapists.

Hopefully we can kiss her goodbye from the limelight soon.

Did you guys even read it? She says he tackled her in his dressing room, closed the door, and turned the lights off. That's not a simple kiss attempt.

https://people.com/tv/melora-hardin-inappropriate-kiss-todd-bridges-diffrent-strokes/

This is honestly the crap that makes many people not take the #metoo movement seriously. A teenager tried to kiss another teenager, she didn't like it, moved on, and decided to make a big deal out of it 40 years later because it's now trendy.

We can't keep conflating shit like I guy trying to kiss a girl, or a man's bad attempt at flirting with rape. Doing so either minimalizes rape, which is bad, or paints awkward guys as rapists, which is also bad.

Besides, just about every heterosexual kiss or sexual attempt starts with the guy making a move and escalating if the woman shows enthusiasm or mutual compliance. If she does not approve or moves away he should stop and that should be that. I mean, how many people actually say things like "would you like to kiss me at this moment?" Very few, but that doesn't make them all rapists.
In the social movement game everyone wants a turn at bat, have a camera turned on them, a microphone in their face, or an article trumping their drama regardless of its relevance or authenticity. When you can level that on an already known name it just draws the vultures in quicker to take a bite.

Did you guys even read it? She says he tackled her in his dressing room, closed the door, and turned the lights off. That's not a simple kiss attempt.

giphy.gif

*smoooooooooch*

he's gonna have a hard time finding gigs now.

Good thing she waited 40 years to come out with this. A real hero.

That was 40 years ago.
Half of the marriages started that way.

To be fair to her she did say this about it
“I mean, look — it didn’t go further than that,” she said. “It was uncomfortable, but I don’t know. It’s funny — I feel like it’s totally inappropriate, but also he was 14 and I was 12 or 13, or whatever we were.”
“The light going off, I think, is the scariest part, really, for me — the door closing, the light going off,” she added. “He’s on top of me, kissing me, sticking his tongue down my throat. But it wasn’t like, a fight. It was just like, ‘Ew! No!’ and running out. It wasn’t like being restrained or threatened. So I don’t know. Inappropriate for sure, uncomfortable for sure, but I don’t know, as far the #MeToo movement goes. I don’t know how I feel about that, about a 13 and a 14-year-old or a 12 and a 15-year-old. I kind of think it’s totally inappropriate, but people are trying things out.”

Last edited:

Don't know about you guys, but that's a simple kiss attempt in my book.

I did see that, and props for not going crazy about it, but why bring it up in the first place?
Because she was asked about her experience filming the episode when the incident occurred
While appearing on PeopleTV‘s primetime entertainment newsmagazine, Chatter, on Monday, Hardin was asked about her experience filming a 1980 episode of the hit sitcom with Todd Bridges.

“You want to know what I really remember about it?” she told host Rocsi Diaz and co-host Julissa Bermudez. “I remember Todd Bridges tackling me in his dressing room, closing the door and sticking his tongue down my throat and turning the light off. Oh, yes I do.”

I for one am shocked to hear that Todd Bridges is still alive.

I thought this was Melora Walters for a min. Is Melora Hardin still an actress?

Back