Meek headed to UFC?

Unfortunately I know he's a "rapper" by the name of Meek Mills, so it was just a pun on Emil Meeks name ;)

ok, thanks for explaining (now its funny)

i dont know anything about him, but that is SO horrendous im surprised he would allow that video up- it cant be good for his career (assuming most of his songs are about what a badass he is)

*total loss of "street-cred"*

image_crop.php

"I didn't come here to take part, I came to take over!"

He kind of looks like a Canadian model with that haircut and beard. Just needs a few more tats.

He's dropping Venator's Welterweight championship to be used sparingly on lacklustre European cards for the same money Venator pay him just to keep Venator from giving us better shows. He's a talent, such a shame he's signed himself off to Zuffa.

It would be nice to see him defending his belt in Venator, but Frank Merenda already gave the public green light for Meek to "follow his dream".
And no need for Rogan to hype his first UFC fight when it happens: just play this fan-made version of the upset.

This Palhares highlight video made me a fan.

SecretHoarseBumblebee-size_restricted.gif

I was just happy he beat Palhares.

couldnt agree more.

well, im not so sure he would be in the minority, but:

OFTEN TIMES WHEN I HAVE AN OPINION THAT ALL OF SHERDOG TELLS ME IS WRONG, I CONSIDER THAT AN ADDITIONAL REASON TO BELIEVE IT IS RIGHT.

I just consider an opinion to be right if it has sound logic and/or facts to support it. Whether Sherdog agrees is irrelevant.

-busted for PEDs (I know a lot of fighters have been, but I'm just getting started)
-booted out of the UFC for unnecessary violence.
-cranked a knee bar too long on Jon Fitch in WSOF.
-stripped of his WSOF title and suspended for two years by the NSAC after raking the eyes of Jake Shields and holding the submission too long.The president of WSOF stated "he has mental problems and shouldn't be allowed to fight until he fixes them."
-Ran to Italy to fight and got tkoed.

Watched a couple of this guys previous fights....

He's going to get destroyed in the UFC. A flash, possible illegal, KO against a guy that probably beats you 95 times out 100 doesn't mean your ready for the UFC. I watched his fight against Albert Odzimkowski and he look very very mediocre and got ko'ed. That fight was only 10 months ago.

He's going to get destroyed in the UFC. A flash, possible illegal, KO against a guy that probably beats you 95 times out 100 doesn't mean your ready for the UFC. I watched his fight against Albert Odzimkowski and he look very very mediocre and got ko'ed. That fight was only 10 months ago.
All the more reason to jump at the opportunity while it's there.

The guy who destroyed Palhares in 45 seconds heading to UFC it seems. Should get debut at UFC Hamburg.
Declined offer to fight for WSOF title.

In contact with Joe Silva. And responded yesterday evening that he is going to UFC!

Good TDD defense and really explosive fighter. Could make waves in WW divison.
Meek looks tough as hell. Hope he does get scooped up by UFC.

that's exactly why the UFC is probably jumping at the chance to sign him and supposedly WSOF was offering him a title shot. He's potentially easy pickings for one of the stronger lineal titles not unified to the UFC belt. Same as WSOF scooping up Tyson Nam

Meek would be a good signing for any org. after that huge win over Palhares

I haven't watched any of his previous fights and I agree that he might need a bit more wins for the big show. But come on, that win against one of the best welterweights Palhares and beyond dangerous and feared at that, no matter what anyone says, is pretty amazing. I think he deserves to fight in the UFC, fulfil his dream.

A fluke win over a top fighter that he needed to heat and use illegal shots to win. Sure, let him go to UFC and make 2k to show. See if anyone cares.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back