Mcgregor's ground game is underrated

Let's stick to the reality of what has happened in the cage, as opposed to what people say when they're on camera.
You're just a moron hater with your hating blinders up that alter your concept of reality. All your opinions go through your hating filter where they're contorted and manipulated to just make X fighter look as bad as humanly possible.

Even fucking Nate Diaz said McGregor did everything right during the grappling exchanges. Diaz just outgrappled him. There was nothing basic going on there. McGregor even escaped a fucking Nate Diaz guillotine on an empty gastank, same way he escaped Mendes' guillotine.

Again, you are a fucking idiot if you call the Diaz sub "basic". That's not up for debate. The 2 other subs happened what, 8 years ago?

Him begging Nate to stand up showed us how good his ground game was.
No,it showed you how good Nate's is and how good Conor's game plan is.
And is it really begging when you tell someone to get up after you knocked him down?

Last edited:
What a witty response. How about trying to make an argument to disprove my points? Oh, right, there aren't any.

Once you come close to actually refuting any of my points, I'll wake up. Till then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Haters say Conor's ground game is bad but in reality it's good hence his ground game is underrated.

Excellent theory, but it falls down at the "it's good" part. Because it isn't good. It's utterly mediocre, considering the rarefied air he's in at the top of one of the UFC's best divisions. Utterly, utterly mediocre. Nice try though. In fact, not really. An utterly mediocre try.

You're just a moron hater with your hating blinders up that alter your concept of reality. All your opinions go through your hating filter where they're contorted and manipulated to just make X fighter look as bad as humanly possible.

Even fucking Nate Diaz said McGregor did everything right during the grappling exchanges. Diaz just outgrappled him. There was nothing basic going on there. McGregor even escaped a fucking Nate Diaz guillotine on an empty gastank, same way he escaped Mendes' guillotine.

Again, you are a fucking idiot if you call the Diaz sub "basic". That's not up for debate. The 2 other subs happened what, 8 years ago?

My advice to you:

- Calm down

- Wipe your chin

- Watch fights

- Make your own mind up

- Stop basing your opinions on what fighters say in media interviews

You will be a happier, healthier, more productive member of society if you just follow these very simple steps.

My advice to you:

- Calm down

- Wipe your chin

- Watch fights

- Make your own mind up

- Stop basing your opinions on what fighters say in media interviews

You will be a happier, healthier, more productive member of society if you just follow these very simple steps.
Nice, a forfeit. 1-0.

Based on what??????

The fact he's been tapped out 3 times? Or the fact he offers no submission threat himself? Or the fact his takedown defence is garbage vs decent wrestlers?

You're just guessing/reaching/hoping.

In all fairness the first two submission losses were early in his career and the last one was to one of the best grapplers the sport has ever seen.

In all fairness the first two submission losses were early in his career and the last one was to one of the best grapplers the sport has ever seen.

Did they happen?

Yes.

Therefore what I said was correct.

Stick on whatever caveats you want, but that fact remains.

And Nate is not one of the best grapplers the sport has ever seen. I'm a Diaz fan and I wouldnt even try that sort of wild hyperbole. Nate is an elite grappler, but he's not on the level of a Jacare or a Maia or a Werdum - guys who can legitimately and sensibly be considered some of the very best we've ever seen.

Yes because Nate has even submitted Jim Miller in the past, who has an excellent ground game and is a black belt himself. Conor may not have the best BJJ, but I don't think it is as bad as people say.

Exactly. I went 1-0 up with my first post, and nobody has pegged it back yet with anything worthwhile.
Yes, it's probably best for your fragile self worth if you really do believe everything you tell yourself.

Yes, it's probably best for your fragile self worth if you really do believe everything you tell yourself.

All I do is stick to the truth. It's not black magic. It's very simple and straightforward.

How about not rated at all? We don't know yet. Getting tapped by Nate isn't the most embarrassing thing in the world and doesn't say anything other than his ground game is worse than Nates.

Did they happen?

Yes.

Therefore what I said was correct.

Stick on whatever caveats you want, but that fact remains.

And Nate is not one of the best grapplers the sport has ever seen. I'm a Diaz fan and I wouldnt even try that sort of wild hyperbole. Nate is an elite grappler, but he's not on the level of a Jacare or a Maia or a Werdum - guys who can legitimately and sensibly be considered some of the very best we've ever seen.

Yes they are all great no doubt. Funny thing is Nate has more submission wins them Maia and Werdum.

Yes they are all great no doubt. Funny thing is Nate has more submission wins them Maia and Werdum.

That's not that funny. BJJ is a lot more than just submissions. Watch Maia vs Nelson, and consider the importance of calibre of opposition.

Actually kind of hard to make an assessment either way.

That's not that funny. BJJ is a lot more than just submissions. Watch Maia vs Nelson, and consider the importance of calibre of opposition.

Yeah I get that, but when he has more submission wins over guys like that, he's right up there with the top grapplers that the sport has ever seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back