McGregor vs Nurmagomedov really comes down to..

AS I have said, conor doesn't get tired grappling or defending takedowns...he gets tired from striking...even though he is a striker, that is what gasses him...cause he strikes so explosively, that drains him...so defending takedowns will not drain him at all...and since he won't be in a back and forth strikin fighting with khabib, like he was was nate, his cardio will be fine...

LOL!! You are funny dude.

I agree with ts that those 5 questions are critical in deciding the fight; but if the first two both go Conor’s way the other three will be irrelevant imo.

These are the ones im most sure about
If they get tested,Conor's Fooked.
And they will get tested and he will be Fooked.

I wish we were Khabib versus Conor in the run up to the Mayweather fight. I think that Conor is dead and never to be seen again. A guy with singular focus,unshakeable confidence in himself and a vision in his mind of where he was going and the work he needed to put it to get there.

Don't get me wrong as I think Khabib beats him regardless. That styles make fights and Khabib will prove he is the worst matchup for Conor but that Conor (Prime Conor, lol) would have put up far more of a fight. Instead I suspect we will see this Conor gas out and give up almost instantly the first time Khabib puts it on him with thoughts in his head that 'he does not need this and this peasant money' as he checks out mentally and then taps out.

LOL!! You are funny dude.

funny, but watching mma since the very beginning...been watching fighting sports for over 20 years. I have forgotten more than you will ever know...

Which fights have demonstrated this to you? His 1.9 rounds against Mendes or his 3 rounds against a 20 year old Holloway at FW?{<jordan}

it's more just a feeling than anything else...based on what I have seen...

These 5 simple things:

-How will Khabib manage to cut the distance?
-How will Khabib react to McGregor’s left hand?
-How easily will McGregor get taken down?
-How difficult will it be for McGregor to get back up?
-How McGregor’s cardio will hold up?
I'd say that the last two are fairly obvious. Conor won't get back up (Khabib has held down far better grapplers than Conor), and his cardio won't hold up (his history demonstrates that he will gas if it lasts any significant duration).

The real question is how easily will Conor get taken down. This will be determined by your other two questions: (1) how well will Khabib close the distance; and (2) how will Khabib react to Conor's left hand. I'm also interested in whether Conor will be reluctant to unleash his hands for fear of the takedown.

This fight is one of those rare instances where there are only a couple plausible outcomes. I'm my mind, either Conor catches Khabib and finishes him early due to Khabib's suspect defense, or Khabib takes Conor down and obliterates him.

this is what Conor haters think is gonna happen
r7umf6.jpg

I believe the most important factor is pressure and who backs up. Khabib wants to back Conor into the fence so he doesn't have space to sprawl. He can then trap him in a clinch against the cage. Mcgregor wants to back Khabib into the fence and strafe him with left hands. Khabib doesn't have very good lateral movement to escape the cage. He'll have to shoot or throw a combination to break out. Conor will be waiting on a combo to counter. Look to see who wins this battle early on.
This is a good point. They both prefer to come forward and be the bully. I suspect that this will be determined very early on based upon Khabib's success with the takedown. If Khabib finds success in either landing an early takedown or initiating a clinch, it's probably going to be a long painful night for Conor. But if Conor successfully defends the first couple takedowns, I could see Khabib winding up on his back foot (and ultimately, on the canvas).

Khabib doesn't have very good lateral movement to escape the cage.
Did you mean to say Conor here? Conor has good backward and forward movement, but terrible lateral movement, which is something you need against Khabib since he will just keep driving you back till you hit the cage. If Conor has the strategy of driving Khabib back to the cage, then he is fucked and will get taken down fast

This is a good point. They both prefer to come forward and be the bully. I suspect that this will be determined very early on based upon Khabib's success with the takedown. If Khabib finds success in either landing an early takedown or initiating a clinch, it's probably going to be a long painful night for Conor. But if Conor successfully defends the first couple takedowns, I could see Khabib winding up on his back foot (and ultimately, on the canvas).

Khabib won't be on his back foot just because Conor stops a few TDs. Khabib will keep shooting and chaining his TDs together until he gets them or is KOd trying. He is NOT fighting off his back foot

Also Conor's style is not coming forward and being the bully. He keeps his opponents outside using his kicks and reach and then forces them to get frustrated and lunge in where he can counter. Even when he gets aggressive its hardly a bullying style and he still keeps his opponent at the very end of his strikes. Conor is actually pretty uncomfortable striking in close and likes to strike from the outside

Isnt that kind of like true with any fight?

It sounds silly and a bit vague, but this fight all comes down to HOW GOOD IS CONOR? how good is the guy, really?

I've doubted Conor 3 times before. I thought he was gonna get smoked against Mendes, Aldo and Beat up by Eddie.

We all know how good Khabib is, but I truly feel Conor is a BIG question mark. Is he really that good? He may be and this fight is gonna prove it, One way or another. If he can do to Khabib what he did to Mendes, Aldo and Eddie...then he really is that good. But only time will tell

Did you mean to say Conor here? Conor has good backward and forward movement, but terrible lateral movement, which is something you need against Khabib since he will just keep driving you back till you hit the cage. If Conor has the strategy of driving Khabib back to the cage, then he is fucked and will get taken down fast
We'll see when the fight happens. Khabib reacts to a punch by moving straight backward and then tries to step in again right away to not give up ground. Iaquinta, Healy, and RDA all backed him up to the cage by coming forward with punches. Mcgregor came forward and pressured Eddie, Nate, Holloway, Mendes, pretty much all of his opponents. What Mcgregor has improved at is his ability to maintain distance while pressuring an opponent into the fence. He'll frame the opponent off, hit them with jabs and front kicks to the mid-section. Against Mendes he was over extending and getting caught with reactive doubles. But watch how well he managed the distance with Eddie. He no longer jumped in with shots, hit Eddie with lead lefts and jabs and waited for Eddie to bust out with a counter. Khabib rarely shoots reactive takedowns. He likes to control the action and shoot off of his own setups. Khabib is going to shoot. The question is - where do you want to be when Khabib shoots, with your back against the cage or his back against it with all the space behind you?

Khabib won't be on his back foot just because Conor stops a few TDs. Khabib will keep shooting and chaining his TDs together until he gets them or is KOd trying. He is NOT fighting off his back foot

Also Conor's style is not coming forward and being the bully. He keeps his opponents outside using his kicks and reach and then forces them to get frustrated and lunge in where he can counter. Even when he gets aggressive its hardly a bullying style and he still keeps his opponent at the very end of his strikes. Conor is actually pretty uncomfortable striking in close and likes to strike from the outside
1. If Conor stuffs a few takedowns and Khabib starts getting clipped, he'll likely be on his back foot.

2. There's more than one way to be a bully in the cage (or as Teddy Atlas says, to be "the boss"). Yes, you can be the bully while fighting at range. Conor's style is to put forward pressure while keeping his opponent at the end of his punches. It's not a coincidence that most of his opponents find themselves backing up to the fence. The Diaz brothers use a similar style. And FYI, his opponents don't lunge in out of "frustration." They lunge in because Conor is great at controlling the distance, and he's almost always been the longer fighter (sans Nate).

These 5 simple things:

-How will Khabib manage to cut the distance?
-How will Khabib react to McGregor’s left hand?
-How easily will McGregor get taken down?
-How difficult will it be for McGregor to get back up?
-How McGregor’s cardio will hold up?

- not easy at all, he had problems in the past with that, khabib is reckless
- if he dies, he dies
- imagine a much bigger, more talented, full camp Mendes
- after the bells ring, it will be simple actually
- better than Ngannou, I hope

AS I have said, conor doesn't get tired grappling or defending takedowns...he gets tired from striking...even though he is a striker, that is what gasses him...cause he strikes so explosively, that drains him...so defending takedowns will not drain him at all...and since he won't be in a back and forth strikin fighting with khabib, like he was was nate, his cardio will be fine...
....defending takedowns will not drain him at all.... Boy, boy you are getting dumber by the day. I remember before the Mayweather fight how all the nuthuggers were saying that Conor will not get tired by boxing because he is used to grappling which is way more physically demanding. LOL

....defending takedowns will not drain him at all.... Boy, boy you are getting dumber by the day. I remember before the Mayweather fight how all the nuthuggers were saying that Conor will not get tired by boxing because he is used to grappling which is way more physically demanding. LOL

conor is a striker, but he is a very explosive striker...and when someone who strikes like that, while they hit hard, are very fast, they tend to gas out after a few rounds...sometimes, those with greater insight are called "getting dumber" cause you don't have their insight.. wrestling in general is more demanding than striking, but not how conor strikes...but don't strain yourself trying to understand...I've only been watching boxing and mma for well over 2 decades.

Back