McGregor vs Nurmagomedov really comes down to..

DatSamboKid

Muay Khao
@red
Reaction score
These 5 simple things:

-How will Khabib manage to cut the distance?
-How will Khabib react to McGregor’s left hand?
-How easily will McGregor get taken down?
-How difficult will it be for McGregor to get back up?
-How McGregor’s cardio will hold up?

These are the ones im most sure about
If they get tested,Conor's Fooked.

5 simple things that have about 500 variables each contained within them

- Whether or not Conor chooses to tap to strikes or get his face turned into burger meat.

1. Easily
2. He will take it well
3. Easily
4. He won’t get back up
5. It won’t hold up

For me this fight is all about the distance. McGregor needs to control the range and Khabib needs to close the distance. So really it's all about gameplans and if each fighter can stick to theirs.

Sounds a bit obvious but I think the winner will be decided on who keeps themselves in check and executes their game plan better.

I would be surprised if this turns out to be some kind of wild brawl.

These 5 simple things:

AS I have said, conor doesn't get tired grappling or defending takedowns...he gets tired from striking...even though he is a striker, that is what gasses him...cause he strikes so explosively, that drains him...so defending takedowns will not drain him at all...and since he won't be in a back and forth strikin fighting with khabib, like he was was nate, his cardio will be fine...

AS I have said, conor doesn't get tired grappling or defending takedowns...he gets tired from striking...even though he is a striker, that is what gasses him...cause he strikes so explosively, that drains him...so defending takedowns will not drain him at all...and since he won't be in a back and forth strikin fighting with khabib, like he was was nate, his cardio will be fine...
Duly noted

Which fights have demonstrated this to you? His 1.9 rounds against Mendes or his 3 rounds against a 20 year old Holloway at FW?{<jordan}

For me this fight is all about the distance. McGregor needs to control the range and Khabib needs to close the distance. So really it's all about gameplans and if each fighter can stick to theirs.

Sounds a bit obvious but I think the winner will be decided on who keeps themselves in check and executes their game plan better.

If McGregor can’t control the distance properly, you’ll see it right away because he’ll gas out from expanding too much energy.

I personally think Khabib is too much for him at 155.

These 5 simple things:

I believe the most important factor is pressure and who backs up. Khabib wants to back Conor into the fence so he doesn't have space to sprawl. He can then trap him in a clinch against the cage. Mcgregor wants to back Khabib into the fence and strafe him with left hands. Khabib doesn't have very good lateral movement to escape the cage. He'll have to shoot or throw a combination to break out. Conor will be waiting on a combo to counter. Look to see who wins this battle early on.

These 5 simple things:

I think the key to this fight is can Khabib take a clean shot from Conor. If he walks through a clean shot from Conor it is going to be a long night for Conor as Khabib is going to play with Conor for 5 rounds. If he cannot take the clean shot from Conor this fight is going to look a like the Conor vs Eddie fight and Conor is going to finish Khabib inside of 2 rounds.

I 100% agree and that's why I put it first.

Hey T.S..

Who ever wins will be victorious

Thanks for the obvious post..

Conor needs to pepper the jab and try and make Khabib tire out before planting his feet for that left for a decision, maybe late (T)KO win.

Your first three are the biggest question marks. If McGregor gets taken down, he’s in for a long night.

Back