Mayweather vs Hatton plus Manfredo/Lacy PPV PBP Thread

I think the real question is whether Brit/Scott will ever post here again?

Yes, Maragarito got hit in the face with a bunch by piddy pat punches b/c he had zero head movement. That would not work with Mayweather. Also, how can he do a lot of cumulative damage when he wasn't active? He caught him with a couple good shots but nothing that would have ended the fight.

Paul threw 1265 punches in that fight. No amount of head-movement on the planet avoids all of that. Tony threw 605 punches in the fight, mostly in the second half, so that places him also at almost 100 punches per round. That's hardly inactive. Your argument sucks.

A disastrous style for Mayweather would mean that you are leaning toward the possiblity that he would beat Mayweather, would it not? If one was to beat Margrito and Mayweather would he not be considered PFP?

If Hatton had beaten Mayweather, I would still consider Manny Pacquiao the #1 P4P. It would put Paul in the talks, yes, but solidify him as #1 or even top 4? No. Like you said, just ONE notable win doesn't do it. Sonny Liston beat up Floyd Patterson, who was an excellent HW Champ at the time, doesn't put Sonny among the best Fighters P4P in any area, save for right after he beat Patterson.

Diego lost to floyd becasue he go knocked out. Throwing more punches wasn't going to save him. I think that's another fight you should consider rewatching.

lol This is the dumbest thing I've seen posted all day long. Oh no, by all means, punching back in Boxing does absolutely nothing to keep Fighters from being knocked out. You're right Einstein, how silly of me.

P.S. - Diego's corner threw in the towel, he did not get knocked out.

100 punches a round, with no accuracy hummm....better yet with no power hummm....better yet against a boxer with great body and head movement. Yes, it's pretty pathetic.

Too bad the beginning of your post was so utterly ridiculous. This is the only bit of argument that makes any sense. But if you think Floyd can avoid that kind of workrate, no, he can move...sure, but he can't teleport. He got away from a Corrales who wasn't punching. He got away from Baldomir who wind-milled where Paul can throw straight, Oscar tired out just as he was staying in the fight, Castillo arguably beat Floyd using pressure, but lost the re-match pretty decisively simply because he thought he could beat Floyd the same way twice.

That's about where it ends with Floyd and people bigger than he is who have skills.

Er, Oscar needs to show you different. He's the one who turned down the fight.

i would turn down a fight i know i can win and won't really make me the money im accustomed to...oscar would make alot; but wright is hardly a big enough name to make it worth his while to beat him

it would be tough and competitive; but oscar pulls it out for sure

just wanted to say WAR KK for the round by round, i was at work and couldnt catch the fight so props man!

does anyone else think the ref was a bit too quick to pull and seperate hatton from floryd in the first couple of rounds?

He won't fight Paul, but that doesn't mean Paul isn't the one. His height, reach, style, and ability to take damage (Margarito) make it nearly a physical impossibility for Floyd. Much like Jose Luis Lopez was a nightmare style match for Oscar, Paul is for Floyd. Much like Lopez and Oscar never fought, neither will Paul and Floyd.
Funny how you people point out the people to beat floyd are people that floyd has no business being in the ring with simply because they are much bigger guys. It's not skill. Why not just throw him in there with a cruiser weight or something. Ridiculous.

Floyd is fighting Cotto next, in Vegas, around some Puerto Rican holiday. It will be huge and I will be happy.

does anyone else think the ref was a bit too quick to pull and seperate hatton from floryd in the first couple of rounds?

Yes, I agree with you. But I don't think the outcome would have been any different. Cortez went a bit "Nady" in this fight.

Funny how you people point out the people to beat floyd are people that floyd has no business being in the ring with simply because they are much bigger guys. It's not skill. Why not just throw him in there with a cruiser weight or something. Ridiculous.

Er. Dude, Floyd and Paul are in the same weight division, and both hold Titles in that division, Paul has every right to get in the ring with Floyd.

Not ridiculous.

Paul Williams or Antonio Margarito poses big threats.

Has Daniel Ponce de Leon dropped weight? I remembered him to be a 130lbs fighter.

I think the highest he's fought is 122, Super Bantamweight.

Er. Dude, Floyd and Paul are in the same weight division, and both hold Titles in that division, Paul has every right to get in the ring with Floyd.

Not ridiculous.
Floyd is a small guy.. How much weight does Paul have to cut to make weight? yes same weight class..but he's huge compared to floyd..so its ridiculous to me. If he beat floyd it certainly wouldn't be his skill that would do it.

Hey it was Floyd's choice to move up to the land of bigger guys. He could have stayed at LW and this would never be an issue.

Paul doesn't cut that much weight, he's naturally just a beanpole.

Floyd wasn't even boxing until the 5th round.

Is it me or did it seem like Hatton wore himself out getting all pissed off at losing that point?

He did seem to lose his composure when the point got deducted.

Back