Mayweather/McGregor Discussion

Who wins?

• Total voters
Why so much hate brother cheese ?

Cause for more than 5 yrs Floyd held the sport hostage with the build up to the Pac. 5 yrs. 5 fucking yrs of Floyd this and Floyd that. Not Boxing but Floyd. He walks away and retires and Boxing still cant move ahead without him jumping back into the headlines. This has been a great yr for Boxing as a sport. Wlad/Aj 90k seats sold, Ward vs Kova 2 and Saul vs GGG(meh but will get the casuals to watch and might get a new star out of it. But here come fucking Floyd to take over again and bring in all the fake fans with him. I am sick of it. I HOPE He gets embrassed and KO in 30 seconds. Jame Toney esk.

I am done talking about this bullshit. I hope all the fake fans enjoy it.

Fight is set be at 154lb.

I hope floyd comes in lookimg like a fat slob and gets KOd in the first 3 second of the bullshit fight

he doesnt smoke, drink or do drugs so good luck with that.

hell weigh in at 151 like he did for dlh, cotto and canelo

he doesnt smoke, drink or do drugs so good luck with that.

hell weigh in at 151 like he did for dlh, cotto and canelo

Yeah Floyd is Pro and stays in shape yr long. No question in that.

If boxing fans were smart they would not overstate Floyd's dominance in this fight. Remember he's not that young anymore.

That is exactly how Floyd will get suckas like you to buy the fight. That is the genius of Floyd...drawing people in for the HOPE he will lose. The man calculates all risks and makes sure everything will be in his favor. As much as some people would like to think his hubris or ego will get him in trouble...he cares about one thing only...making easy money. And this is what this fight is for him...easy money. If it wasn't, you can be damn sure he wouldn't have taken it.

Yeah Floyd is Pro and stays in shape yr long. No question in that.

and 154 guarantees 10 ounce gloves.

mcgregor was better off at 147, blowing off the weight and paying the penalty, and having a much better chance with the eight ouncers.

This might look like a repeat of the Gatti fight. I guess Connor's looking for a big payday for an early retirement.

That is exactly how Floyd will get suckas like you to buy the fight. That is the genius of Floyd...drawing people in for the HOPE he will lose. The man calculates all risks and makes sure everything will be in his favor. As much as some people would like to think his hubris or ego will get him in trouble...he cares about one thing only...making easy money. And this is what this fight is for him...easy money. If it wasn't, you can be damn sure he wouldn't have taken it.
Relax, im not saying Floyd has a realistic chance to loose if he's at least as good as his last fight. Im saying that hes 40. And in boxing you never know when a boxer hits the wall. Every boxing fan who isn't smart will talk about this fight as if Floyd will wreck him in 3 rounds. If that doesn't happen and worse yet in Connor has any degree of success vs an old Floyd then we will never hear the end of it from mma trolls. Be smart, don't over sell this and celebrate too soon. Let the celebration and mockery of conor/mma come after it's over.

To give some perspective this is #1 on Reddit and has more votes and comments than the new news Trump is being investigated for obstruction

I wouldn't necessarily assume it will hurt Canelo/GGG.

Generally speaking this kind of stuff does hurt significantly. People are much less likely to pay up for two pay-per-views so close together. Putting it right before the Canelo/GGG fight is pure strategy and honestly kind of genius.

Still a joke fight though that I wouldn't waste a dime on.

Don't be silly. Arguably the best boxer of our time and some might even say all time versus a guy who can't box? Conor can't go 12 rounds, I'd say he can't box for 6 rounds without totally gassing. His only plan has to be to attack recklessly out of the gate going for a quick KO, and that's even worse. Floyd is a master counter-puncher and will stop him in the 2nd or 3rd round, would be my guess. Conor can't even hit Floyd (see Pac and Canelo fights for how hard they found that task), and Floyd can hit him at will and carry him as long as he wants and finish him when he wants. First round, fourth round, whatever he wants. If this is a legit bout.

he cant carry conner 12.

it will be so obvious after the second or third round what a farce this is people will be laughing and floyd will have no choice but to end it or try and convince people that he can only throw five punches a round at a 70 percent connect rate.

Cause for more than 5 yrs Floyd held the sport hostage with the build up to the Pac. 5 yrs. 5 fucking yrs of Floyd this and Floyd that. Not Boxing but Floyd. He walks away and retires and Boxing still cant move ahead without him jumping back into the headlines. This has been a great yr for Boxing as a sport. Wlad/Aj 90k seats sold, Ward vs Kova 2 and Saul vs GGG(meh but will get the casuals to watch and might get a new star out of it. But here come fucking Floyd to take over again and bring in all the fake fans with him. I am sick of it. I HOPE He gets embrassed and KO in 30 seconds. Jame Toney esk.

I am done talking about this bullshit. I hope all the fake fans enjoy it.

Floyd didn't hold anything hostage. It's not his fault an entire weight division refused to fight each other because they wanted his lotto ticket. That is on them, not on him.

This whole fight has nothing to do with boxing anyway. It's a retired ex-boxer against an MMA clown. Remember when Rocky fought Hulk Hogan? Same thing.

it's interesting but only in a macabre way, not in a competitive way. It'll be nice to see a mma'r take a beating when it's usually a retired boxer trying to squeeze a payday out of himself by fighting in mma.

i also can't see how floyd will be able to resist laughing and mugging and even looking at conor like he's a real opponent, he should have to fight someone better, at least for the fact that he's beating marciano's record with it.

My only fear now is Floyd takes a dive like Alvarez and Aldo

So I'm going to add a poll. Will you buy this PPV? Yes/No

The fight will be @ 154 pounds! 12 rounds and 10oz gloves

Back