Mayweather/McGregor Discussion

Who wins?

• Total voters
I think the money is the only thing that matters in this for the wee Irish lad
He knows he can change the next couple hundred years of his family history with what he makes on this one fight so the embarrassment he suffers is pretty much meaningless
After this fight The Irish dude stands to make indestructible amounts of money

I wouldn't necessarily assume it will hurt Canelo/GGG.
Wont hurt it with true boxing fans
Mainstream public that may have bought the fight before wont even know about it now as this exhibition will swallow up all the headlines and media buzz for the next 2 months
And then after it leaves a sour taste in everyones mouth there will most likely be a lotta people that arent in a hurry to throw down another 70 bones for another so called "huge fight" 3 weeks later(even though we know that fight will be the real deal)

The real question is will MayMac see more PPVs than MayPac?

This won't hurt boxing. Floyd will embarrass and destroy Conor and boxing will move along.

McGregor and the UFC are the ones who will be hurting afterward.

If boxing fans were smart they would not overstate Floyd's dominance in this fight. Remember he's not that young anymore.

If boxing fans were smart they would not overstate Floyd's dominance in this fight. Remember he's not that young anymore.

Don't be silly. Arguably the best boxer of our time and some might even say all time versus a guy who can't box? Conor can't go 12 rounds, I'd say he can't box for 6 rounds without totally gassing. His only plan has to be to attack recklessly out of the gate going for a quick KO, and that's even worse. Floyd is a master counter-puncher and will stop him in the 2nd or 3rd round, would be my guess. Conor can't even hit Floyd (see Pac and Canelo fights for how hard they found that task), and Floyd can hit him at will and carry him as long as he wants and finish him when he wants. First round, fourth round, whatever he wants. If this is a legit bout.

How the fuck does something like this even get sanctioned?

How the fuck does something like this even get sanctioned?
dana-white-money.jpg

I don't know, don't sell all the UFC fans and boxing fans short. I doubt it makes that many, but it will be huge.

It sure as shit isn't doing over 3 mil, which still wouldn't put it close to May/Pac.

I'd guess somewhere around 2 million buys.

I think we should all get together and boo Floyd for this. The boxing forum is ruined for the next few months.

Exactly, besides having far less experience at boxing, Connor will also likely be weight drained for this fight which will evaporate any chance this fight had of being somewhat competitive.

The 'fight' will become an exhibition on how easy it is to collect $100 million.
Reading it's going be 154

Fight is set be at 154lb.

I hope floyd comes in lookimg like a fat slob and gets KOd in the first 3 second of the bullshit fight
Why so much hate brother cheese ?

Won't even be close.

In which direction? This will be pushing 3mil easily. There is fuck all going on in sports over the summer , this is going to be hyped to God like levels and every bar even remotely resembling a sports bar will order this shit along with every other casual fan around the country. I'm already seeing people on Facebook who don't follow mma or boxing already talking about watching

Back