Mayweather/McGregor Discussion

Who wins?

• Total voters
I understand. I meant it sort of tongue in cheek, and really not just directed at you. Did I think Mayweather would win? Absolutely. Would I want to risk my money on a 40 year old fighter that hadn't fought in 2 years? No, I didn't like that risk. Not even against an unknown commodity (boxing wise) like Conor.

I'm wondering what kind of money the experts here made. Who was certain enough to put real money on it?

I bet 1500 on Mayweather by TKO on Bovada at +300 to win 4500, Hit it. I asked Floyd personally if he was going to stop him when he first started camp, and he promised he would smoke his ass and get him out of there

I am hearing swirling rumours about this fight that is starting to gain credence for me.

I am just going to come flat out and ask it. Was this fight fixed?

I mean Connor really didn't put any power on his punches and I know he can. The fight was stopped rather quickly. They left without a cut or bruise. They did their post-fight right after the fight and then partied.

It was entertaining but something seems off ...

I am hearing swirling rumours about this fight that is starting to gain credence for me.

I mean Connor really didn't put any power on his punches and I know he can. The fight was stopped rather quickly. They left without a cut or bruise. They did their post-fight right after the fight and then partied.

That's not how you fix a fight. Mayweather definitely didn't try as hard as he would have with a legitimate opponent but that's not really a fix.
Conor didn't have power on his punches because there's a difference between a big puncher in MMA and a big puncher in the highest levels of boxing. The fight wasn't stopped quickly. Boxing noobs don't seem to know this but what happened to Conor was a really dangerous situation for a fighter to be in. Not every fight results in bruises and cuts. You can party even after getting knocked out. I know from experience...

The boxer won the boxing fight. Sounds fishy.

Conor's uppercut that he countered Floyd with in Rd 2 (I believe) was aiming to KO Floyd and he tried counters etc numerous times.

You just don't have a keen eye or obviously pay enough attention to te replay's because Conor numerous times tried to nail Floyd.

Conor was being tippy tappy with his punches from the 3rd or 4th onward's and that was because he was concerned about his gas tank in the late rounds especially when Floyd was obviously pressuring Conor and walking him down ......... which Conor had not prepared for at all.

It is draining when you can't keep someone off you because they're controlling the pace and your fighting their rhythm not yours (See Ali vs Frazier I).

Added, Conor is used to gloves so small that you feel the knuckles on every shot, with boxing gloves their padding and that means you need more endurance to hit harder and for more rounds.

Conor got walked down, panicked and gassed, after 30mins of boxing, its that simple.

Do we really need a million more of these threads? There's tons out there where you could have posted this obvious fact to begin with...

Conor was 10 times the size of him on fight night, so it was very impressive

Kind of sad that all these threads are being made to justify floyd beating an ammy. Like are you that triggered by casuals that you need to post constant redemption threads? SAD!

Agree 100% with TS. Connah was 25-30 pounds heavier, and had 11 year age adv over a grandpa.

The fight proved beyond a doubt that MMA fighters are second class athletes, who couldn't cut it in their original sports (boxing, kickboxing, olympic/world level wrestling/grappling). So these rejects had to make a sport of their own, which revolves around sweaty guys, trying to take the most supplements, rolling around with each other in spandex, and tea bagging each other in the north south position.

Back