Mayweather/McGregor Discussion

Who wins?

• Total voters
Is this thread cereal? Nobody with a brain is noshing off Floyd. If you posted in here more regularly we all said it was dumb. Pipe down.

Floyd has better infighting under boxing rules, WOW big shock. What do you think would have happened under MMA rules if full clinching with knees and elbows were allowed? Conor would have mauled Mayweather, also unsurprisingly.

Skip Bayless claims Conor hurt Floyd to the body early in 9th rd but the ref stopped it before Conor could finish it. Looking at the tape, it does look like Floyd was hurt. But I doubt any boxing fans will allow that claim. But then why was Floyd crouched and basically limping around at that point?

He was hurt....to the balls. IT was a clear low blow.

Skip Bayless claims Conor hurt Floyd to the body early in 9th rd but the ref stopped it before Conor could finish it. Looking at the tape, it does look like Floyd was hurt. But I doubt any boxing fans will allow that claim. But then why was Floyd crouched and basically limping around at that point?

It was a perfectly clear low blow. I've seen the reply a dozen times. It's beyond obvious and the ref "stopped it" to warn Connor for punching Floyd in the balls which is why the ref is there.

Floyd could have easily been hurt. Balls are pretty sensitive. Or he could have been acting hurt to show the ref that he was punched in the balls. Doesn't really matter since from that moment on Floyd decided to break Connor face. Guess hitting him in the balls was a bad idea.

It was a low blow, though I don't believe it was in the balls. I think Floyd was hamming it up to sell the low blow to the ref. He didn't seem sincerely hurt to me.

It was a perfectly clear low blow. I've seen the reply a dozen times. It's beyond obvious and the ref "stopped it" to warn Connor for punching Floyd in the balls which is why the ref is there.

Floyd could have easily been hurt. Balls are pretty sensitive. Or he could have been acting hurt to show the ref that he was punched in the balls. Doesn't really matter since from that moment on Floyd decided to break Connor face. Guess hitting him in the balls was a bad idea.

The tape seems to show Conor hit him in the belt line, which is legal. Even Bernstein said that on the broadcast.

I think he hit him on the hip and his leg locked up a bit. So he was bothered but not hurt in terms of a legitimate body shot.

<Moves>
Yup Conor deserves this award for that

ZeC6q_d.jpg

Back