MayMac Was More Exciting Than GGGCan

That also isn't true. An unskilled boxer doesn't last 10 rounds against Floyd Mayweather.

In fact he can last.

Floyd is nowhere near a KO machine and anybody who has the basics and treat him with power can have success until later rounds.
McGregor was no exception in this.
And that was the most aggressive Floyd we have seen in years.

GGG and Canelo would have finished Conor alot quicker but that's besides the point. Giving the fans 'an exciting fight' simply meant that he walked forward instead of fighting defensively - it did not mean he carried him. I know there is a tendency to accept the winner's narrative but Floyd himself never said he carried Conor. It's literally something boxing purists put forward because Conor had no right competing against Floyd for that long. I'm not claiming he's as good as seasoned professional boxers but he has certain tools that are comparable to Pro Boxers e.g. his counter punching is very good even for a pro level.

Floyd has said if he wanted to he could have fought defensively and taken him out earlier.

and no, it's really not comparable.

Floyd has said if he wanted to he could have fought defensively and taken him out earlier.

and no, it's really not comparable.

No, he didn't say he could have taken him out earlier. By fighting defensively, he wouldn't have taken him out at all - that was the given implication.

No, he didn't say he could have taken him out earlier. By fighting defensively, he wouldn't have taken him out at all - that was the given implication.

i suggest you go listen to all of Floyd's interviews.

Hahaha, it's hilarious seeing how the Conor haters try to twist shit.

Floyd was aggressive and walked Conor down............... because he wanted the fight to last longer. LOL.

When they can rationalize things like that to themselves and don't see anything wrong with it, you know the cognitive dissonance is too strong to get through to them about anything else as well.

Hahaha, it's hilarious seeing how the Conor haters try to twist shit.

Floyd was aggressive and walked Conor down............... because he wanted the fight to last longer. LOL.

When they can rationalize things like that to themselves and don't see anything wrong with it, you know the cognitive dissonance is too strong to get through to them about anything else as well.

It genuinely makes zero sense. To suggest Floyd would KO Conor sooner IF he fought more defensively is literally so ridiculous.

Man it's simple. If floyd somehow agreed to fight me purely for the show and easy money,, maybe I could last the whole fight if the agreement was to make it a spectacle. Are people really this dense not to understand this? Obviously conor is better than I am but you guys get my drift.

The only entertainment value in Mayweather-McGregor was for Conor haters getting to watch a hopelessly inept and outmatched novice get ragdolled, concussed and stopped by a 40 year old retiree with arthritic, brittle hands. Beyond that, there was no entertainment value in watching a man who had no business sharing a ring with Mayweather backpedal continually away from a man twenty plus pounds lighter, while throwing the most amateurish of soft, meaningless slaps against someone who feels such little threat and urgency that it takes him nine rounds to step out of first gear.

It genuinely makes zero sense. To suggest Floyd would KO Conor sooner IF he fought more defensively is literally so ridiculous.
It makes perfect sense if you understand context and the fact that Conor would gas alot faster if he had the real floyd to deal with. The way you guys simplify points is quite disturbing lol. Being 'agressive' by way of moving forward is not the whole of being agressive.!! Wtf guys. Understanding man.!!!

It makes perfect sense if you understand context and the fact that Conor would gas alot faster if he had the real floyd to deal with. The way you guys simplify points is quite disturbing lol. Being 'agressive' by way of moving forward is not the whole of being agressive.!! Wtf guys. Understanding man.!!!
He would gas a lot faster by being able to go at his own pace because of no pressure from Floyd?

Yeah that makes a lot of sense.. LOL

And I don't remember Floyd promising that "in this fight I'll try to make sure Conor doesn't gas", he promised a KO, and if he could've gotten that by fighting defensive obviously he would've lmao

McGregor struggled with the inside fighting, by fighting at his own pace and distance that becomes less of an issue. McGregor threw alot more because Floyd was moving forward; Mayweather fighting defensively puts less pressure on McGregor. There is no simplification on my part regarding the fight, I'm literally arguing with people pushing forth a simplistic, ficitious narrative.

That also isn't true. An unskilled boxer doesn't last 10 rounds against Floyd Mayweather.
His skills didnt keep him on his feet, being a well conditioned and strong athlete kept him in it for 10 rounds.

Great refutation.
I'm done discussing this shit man. If you can't see especially AFTER the mayweather fight that Conor is a terrible boxer, i don't know what to say man.

Conor's stock has gone through the roof after last night's pathetic display.

LOL @ all the boxing experts trying to defend the sport.

Poor Stephen A Smith looks like he's on suicide watch.
Lol wich stock? Conor is getting fat at vacation. Who knows when he fights again

An argument can be made that slick defensive Floyd might gas Connor earlier than the Mexican version of Floyd.

I happen to think Floyd went Mexican partly due to age. 40 year olds have to adjust their style with age and Mayweather showed us how he fights at 40.

That being said, a younger Floyd, the one who fought Canelo would have made Connor miss a hell of a lot more and possibly cause even more fatigue much earlier.

Connor was able to bang a lot on Floyds arms and gloves. Didn't do any damage to Floyd but at least Connor was able to hit something. A lot better to hit gloves than air. It's a bitch on your stamina when you swing and miss.

But at the end of the day McConnery didn't do anything he said he was going to do and Floyd delivered what he said he would.

Last edited:
3.4/10. This was a pathetic effort, almost as pathetic as conor's display of punching "power"

I'm done discussing this shit man. If you can't see especially AFTER the mayweather fight that Conor is a terrible boxer, i don't know what to say man.

I think people saw what they wanted to see. As is the case with your assesment.

Back