MayMac Was More Exciting Than GGGCan

The most exciting thing in maymac was the drama surround it. That's what made the fight interesting to watch. But from a technical stand point there was nothing too interesting about it. One guy couldn't box and the other was a shadow of his former self and carried the guy who couldn't box so the fight could look at least a little bit legit.

I think people saw what they wanted to see. As is the case with your assesment.
And I think that people who dont know shit about boxing, are trying to have an opinion on what is good boxing.

GGG and Canelo would have finished Conor alot quicker but that's besides the point. Giving the fans 'an exciting fight' simply meant that he walked forward instead of fighting defensively - it did not mean he carried him. I know there is a tendency to accept the winner's narrative but Floyd himself never said he carried Conor. It's literally something boxing purists put forward because Conor had no right competing against Floyd for that long. I'm not claiming he's as good as seasoned professional boxers but he has certain tools that are comparable to Pro Boxers e.g. his counter punching is very good even for a pro level.

This is the best general assessment I've seen of the fight.

And I think that people who dont know shit about boxing, are trying to have an opinion on what is good boxing.

You literally cannot justify your own points; if you cannot see anything technically McGregor did well for his first boxing bout then that says it all.

lol... that's like comparing WWE and UFC.

Stupid marks.

Conor trolled boxing for $100M

vQ7RYW.gif

LOL. This is probably a troll thread, but watching Canelo vs GGG just enforced what a hype job Mayweather vs McGregor was. That fight was only interesting and exciting to a certain extent because Floyd carried Conor and then chased the KO. Canelo vs GGG was a great example of two guys with skills, conditioning, chin and heart going at it. Fight of the year candidate in my book.

Oh cool, so Mayweather decided only in the 10th round that he was going to KO him. But, hold on, if this is true and he carried him to the 10th, why did he throw 37 power punches in the 5th and 54 power punches in the 6th. Surely, if was just carrying him, he wouldn't have thrown so many lunging power shots in the rounds prior?

The logic that Mayweather carried him is one perpectuated by Boxing purists because it portrays their sport in the best light, the funny part is when MMA fans jump on this narrative. Mayweather is clearly the superior boxer but if you couldn't see the skill in Conor's boxing then fair enough, it was interesting to see an unskilled boxer countering the most skilled boxer of our generation multiple times. Strange that.
Mayweather is most likely shot as a top boxer. 40 is old as fuck in boxing, especially if you're not a heavyweight. Imagine what Canelo or GGG would have done to him that night. Floyd is aging in dog years as a fighter at this point.

Oh cool, so Mayweather decided only in the 10th round that he was going to KO him. But, hold on, if this is true and he carried him to the 10th, why did he throw 37 power punches in the 5th and 54 power punches in the 6th. Surely, if was just carrying him, he wouldn't have thrown so many lunging power shots in the rounds prior?

The logic that Mayweather carried him is one perpectuated by Boxing purists because it portrays their sport in the best light, the funny part is when MMA fans jump on this narrative. Mayweather is clearly the superior boxer but if you couldn't see the skill in Conor's boxing then fair enough, it was interesting to see an unskilled boxer countering the most skilled boxer of our generation multiple times. Strange that.
Floyd barely threw any punches in the early rounds. He carried Conor in the early rounds and then took longer to finish than he thought it would because he's a shell of his former self.

LOL. This is probably a troll thread, but watching Canelo vs GGG just enforced what a hype job Mayweather vs McGregor was. That fight was only interesting and exciting to a certain extent because Floyd carried Conor and then chased the KO. Canelo vs GGG was a great example of two guys with skills, conditioning, chin and heart going at it. Fight of the year candidate in my book.

Huh?

De la Hoya booked the GGG fight 2 years too late - he instructed Canelo to put on weight,and stall in the middle rounds.

All about the rematch.

Boxing is a joke right now.

Floyd barely threw any punches in the early rounds. He carried Conor in the early rounds and then took longer to finish than he thought it would because he's a shell of his former self.

I don't think Mayweather was as good as he was but this idea of 'carrying' makes no sense. Prior to the fight, everyone made light of the fact that Mayweather uses the early rounds to time his opponents, it was no different this time. McGregor provided a new puzzle to figure out and it took Floyd the best part of 3 rounds to time him and let him tire himself out. After that, Mayweather took over and was going for the finish by walking him down and lunging forward with hard shots. There really is no ambiguity about this fight; McGregor hung until the 10th round and even had a pretty competitive 8th round but of course he was going to get over matched by the pro boxer in his first pro boxing bout.

I don't think Mayweather was as good as he was but this idea of 'carrying' makes no sense. Prior to the fight, everyone made light of the fact that Mayweather uses the early rounds to time his opponents, it was no different this time. McGregor provided a new puzzle to figure out and it took Floyd the best part of 3 rounds to time him and let him tire himself out. After that, Mayweather took over and was going for the finish by walking him down and lunging forward with hard shots. There really is no ambiguity about this fight; McGregor hung until the 10th round and even had a pretty competitive 8th round but of course he was going to get over matched by the pro boxer in his first pro boxing bout.
Little bit of column A, little bit of column B, I think. Good post. :)

It only seemed like point dancing to you because neither GGG or Canelo posses a terrible chin or gas tank like McCondom.

Anyone who thinks MayMac was better than CaneloGGG is fucking stupid. CaneloGGG was an absolutely amazing display of boxing skill with nonstop action. MayMac was a circus between a retired fighter that barely trained and a guy who can't box. Canelo would have murdered Cono. Literally.

i've never seen you before, but you're a damn fine poster.

Back