Max Holloway should not be fighting at 145 anymore

He’s not a big guy, barely taller than average and skinny. He could easily walk around at a lean 165 and cut to 145.

he is like 185 outside of camp, and hes not exactly fat at this point, I don't think he could train to a high standard if he was walking round at 165, he probably ends up at 165 at the end of camp

Agreed. But I blame it solely on the ufc for booking him still at fw.
I disagree. Max is not a child.
It’s his decision to put his body through hell to gain a weight advantage.
I wish he’d move up though

He looked pregnant at that face-off with Ortega.

Last edited:
I mean he did almost die from the last weight cut he attempted to do for Khabib to 155...
We'll see.
If he misses it, then strip him and let him bang at 155.
I am more concerned about his health, if he has another bad weight cut then he might be shelved for a long time

giphy.gif

The guy has never missed weight. He has more wins at 145 than most will ever have in their entire lives and you are questioning his ability to make weight? What is this thread about?
And Ortega is a great fighter but saying this is a legendary fight is a little over the top.
Max beat Aldo, he needs to beat Ortega to defend. The legendary fight will be if he fights the bear at 155.
He has nothing to prove at 145 if he beats Ortega. Nothing unless Conor grows balls and fights him at 145. It won't happen and Max will beat his ass at 155 if given the chance. Max has good fights at 155. Tony, khabib, Nate, justin, etc...

Back