Max Holloway should not be fighting at 145 anymore

AyDeeDee

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What is his management doing? How many fights has Max missed so far at 145? And how do we know that he will make it to the Ortega fight this time around?

He needs to vacate and fight at 155 let Ortega and someone else fight for the vacant belt. 155 has the eyes of the whole world right now and there are so many great matchups there for him to have there.

Lastly I'd like to add that Ortega is a fairly tough match up as well and not worth it the risk/reward standpoint especially health wise.

Thoughts?

Well this is the last call for Max at 145. If he pulls out then definitely he should be stripped and move up to 155.

Well this is the last call for Max at 145. If he pulls out then definitely he should be stripped and move up to 155.
Its not a risk worth taking. He gains very little from beating Ortega and the weight cut is dangerous. Bad move from management probably just out there looking after their own pockets.

What is his management doing? How many fights has Max missed so far at 145? And how do we know that he will make it to the Ortega fight this time around?

He needs to vacate and fight at 155 let Ortega and someone else fight for the vacant belt. 155 has the eyes of the whole world right now and there are so many great matchups there for him to have there.

Lastly I'd like to add that Ortega is a fairly tough match up as well and not worth it the risk/reward standpoint especially health wise.

Thoughts?

if you are looking for a categoric answer of how many fights he has missed due to weight at 145. the answer is

zero

you are not a doctor TS

Agreed. But I blame it solely on the ufc for booking him still at fw.

Yeah he was like 19 when he was making 145 and he was still growing at that age,now he is much bigger and it seems its impossible to make 145 again

Its not a risk worth taking. He gains very little from beating Ortega and the weight cut is dangerous. Bad move from management probably just out there looking after their own pockets.

He gains a lot, Max has destroyed almost everyone at 145 before winning the title, the only exceptions are Ortega and Edgar, beating Ortega helps solidify himself as the best 145 ever, which he already is in my opinion.

Lw is too stacked its crazy. Tbh i dont see holloway doing that good in lw. I dont see him being top 5 hes kinda too weak for it.

i think win lose or pullout his next fight will be at 155

If he beats Ortega, seems like a logical next step for him to throw his hat in there with Khabib, Tony and Conor. If he doesn't, he should still move up but the move will probably receive less fanfare.

'He gains very little from beating Ortega'

giphy.gif

It's possibly the biggest legacy fight he can take other than CMac <Lmaoo>

He’s not a big guy, barely taller than average and skinny. He could easily walk around at a lean 165 and cut to 145.

agreed
hopeful this next fight happens dec 8th but his body seems to outright rebel his weight cut now

If he relinquishes his belt, his next few fights he will be taking a big pay cut unless he fights for the 155 title immediately. Thats why guys like Tony was pissed when he got stripped means hes losing money.

Back