Matt Huges Documentary Release before Khabib/Conor PC

thats just so sad , feel so sorry for those people.
same for Gary Goodridge

What?!...hughes got hit by train..goodridge became a punching bag for money after being a decent early MMA fighter...how are these people related?

I had no idea. I was just not prepared to see such a great fighter struggle like that. My mother has mentioned how heart breaking it was to see Ali devolve mentally and I think I felt that similar feeling. Give thanks to your loved ones , you never know when it can all change.

tumblr_omvwspq3391upwz95o1_400.gif

GSP tapped so quick.

That fucking bummed me out. I thought he made a full recovery. Damn.

He’s leaps and bounds from where he was.. I believe they originally weren’t sure if he’s be a vegetable or not...

It really is hard to see.. but a “normal” person may have been much worse off... The fact that he’s walking around on his own is a miracle..

It breaks my heart to see Matt talking like that. He is a pioneer and a true mma og. I know that he will bounce back from this hard moment like the warrior he is.

That was sad to watch. I dont even feel like telling the story about Matt and his brother Mark behind the barn now.

Hey... it’s alright..

It’s not your fault... it’s not your fault.. ok. Listen to me, it’s not your fault.. it’s not.. your.. fault..

We all love that story.. it’s a part of Matt’s long and storied career... tell it.. tell it like you’ve never told it before..

From what I remember hearing was that he thought he could make it across and he should have but his wheels spun slowing him down and possibly stalling the vehicle. Just going by memory from what I read somewhere so no real idea.

Seems pretty bizarre to me. He tried to beat a train crossing like you see in the movies? If that's true, I feel like there be something more behind it... seems odd anyone would try that.

Seems pretty bizarre to me. He tried to beat a train crossing like you see in the movies? If that's true, I feel like there be something more behind it... seems odd anyone would try that.

one of the youtube comments from the video:
Daren Whittleman 1 year ago
i live about an hour from where this occured and i know these trains well. can be a half hour or longer at times to get past the tracks if you dont make it cross before the train can be tempting to gun it, obviously its not a good idea. hope and pray matt recovers.

Have an old friend/hunting buddy that worked for the City Police. He was riding a motorcycle one day and got hit by a truck. He's in the exact same shape Hugh's is in, looks like him, walks like him, and sound just like him. Its crazy similar.... Even though we spent almost a life time together joined at the hip, I still find myself uncomfortable sometimes because I can't help him and he's like a child man now.

I remember seeing a small clip of him rolling and he looked great!!!! But I didn't hear him speak. Damn, he really was brain damaged hard in that accident. Well he was in a coma for a while. It's a miracle he's even alive and not in a wheelchair with an air and feeding tube.

Back in the day I was a huge matt hughes fan, posted on his forum around 2009 quite often, he had replied to me through his forum a few times, he signed and gifted an 'army of one' t shirt to me on my birthday with the message "to my number 1 fan, matt hughes"

made my year.

damn. Yeah, 30 minutes? That would be tempting to gun it. That fucking blows.
That does blow. It makes sense. In big cities they build bridges UNDER the train tracks so you can bypass a huge 30 minute cargo train but in small towns you just gotta wait. I think he did try to beat the train. Which in a way he sort of did. Anyone else would be dead. But I'll never decide to try to beat a train.

damn. Yeah, 30 minutes? That would be tempting to gun it. That fucking blows.
That does blow. It makes sense. In big cities they build bridges UNDER the train tracks so you can bypass a huge 30 minute cargo train but in small towns you just gotta wait. I think he did try to beat the train. Which in a way he sort of did. Anyone else would be dead. But I'll never decide to try to beat a train.
click on the video, pat miletich does a good job explaining what happened.

I even timestamped it.

If you really think about it, this whole thing was WME's fault. If they didn't fire Chuck and Matt to cut costs, Chuck wouldn't be fighting Tito for a 3rd time while being promoted by a transvestite, and Hughes would be in Vegas, not milling around train tracks in Montgomery Illinois.

On the other hand, if Chuck and Matt were actually working hard like Griffin, WME probably would have kept them around, so there's that.

It think its harder for Matt since he has a farm to look after and his children (if he has any) aren't old enough to take over. Chuck on the other hand lives in Vegas.

It think its harder for Matt since he has a farm to look after and his children (if he has any) aren't old enough to take over. Chuck on the other hand lives in Vegas.
He has a wife and he has money. He can hire people to tend to his farm. Also he has a twin brother.

They were getting paid something like half a million a year. With that kind of money he could have hired anyone to look after his farm.

Yep. I imagine he's beaten the train many times from slamming the gas. That really sucks. Hope he can get as close to 100% as possible.

They were getting paid something like half a million a year. With that kind of money he could have hired anyone to look after his farm.

Thats a huge salary. WME probably choked on their coffee when they went over the financials.

Back