Matt Huges Documentary Release before Khabib/Conor PC

Damn. I didn't know he was in that bad of shape. Physique looks good but I wasn't aware there was some serious brain trauma.

from some research, it seems like nobody knows how this happened... seems odd that Matt, who is very well versed in that type of work/area would get hit by a train in his vehicle.

Sucks.

I remember I use to hate Hughes. He was my favorite fighter (BJ Penn) biggest rival. His smugness, arrogance, country boy gimmick and the fact he was one of Dana's boys made me despise him...

Now times have changed and I look back thinking what a talent he was. I have nothing but respect for the man..

Even BJ changed his tune..

Matt-Hughes-And-BJ-Penn-On-Bike.jpg

Man, I was not prepared for that.

I am glad that he is recovering but it’s hard hearing him have trouble with speaking.

That fucking bummed me out. I thought he made a full recovery. Damn.

WW GOAT

(still)

Jesus christ, that's so sad. Feel terrible for the guy

I remember I use to hate Hughes. He was my favorite fighter (BJ Penn) biggest rival. His smugness, arrogance, country boy gimmick and the fact he was one of Dana's boys made me despise him...

Now times have changed and I look back thinking what a talent he was. I have nothing but respect for the man..

Even BJ changed his tune..

Wait, so you hated Hughes and now that he got hurt...you feel sorry for him? He doesn't need your pity.

I'm still not a fan of the guy. It's terrible this happened but I'm definitely not a fan. Wish him a full recovery though.

Matt-Hughes-And-BJ-Penn-On-Bike.jpg

Lol @ BJ "riding bitch" <45>

Jk...I like to see hardcore competitors bury the hatchet and show some respect.

Wait, so you hated Hughes and now that he got hurt...you feel sorry for him? He doesn't need your pity.

I'm still not a fan of the guy. It's terrible this happened but I'm definitely not a fan. Wish him a full recovery though.
I always envied his country boy good looks and farm boy strength but always rooted for GSP. However, the docu looks phenomenal. Many blessings to him and his family.

I started respecting him long before the accident. Right around, BJ/Hughes 3...

thats just so sad , feel so sorry for those people.
same for Gary Goodridge

This came out of left field for me, I had no idea he was dealing with this tbh.

Why isn't the video on the UFC youtube page?

This is so sad.

If you really think about it, this whole thing was WME's fault. If they didn't fire Chuck and Matt to cut costs, Chuck wouldn't be fighting Tito for a 3rd time while being promoted by a transvestite, and Hughes would be in Vegas, not milling around train tracks in Montgomery Illinois.

On the other hand, if Chuck and Matt were actually working hard like Griffin, WME probably would have kept them around, so there's that.

Never liked Hughes.

Despite that, it's incredibly hard to see something like this happen to someone, anyone. I hope with all my heart that he can find some joy in the rest of his life.

I thought he'd have improved more,that was sad to watch.Watched his whole career,was always a big fan of his coming from a wrestling background myself.He was a monster.Hope he continues to improve.

I feel for the man , it's tragic that such a great fighter that retired out of the fight game in good shape only for something so bad to happen , hope he recovers fully.

Last edited:
Back