Media Matt Hamill Goes In on Jon Jones calling him a "Cheater" for using Steroids and That He Deserved the Loss

Jon Jones deserved the win because he beat Matt from pillar to post, broke his arm, smashed his nose, blinded him with his own blood, knocked him out, and made him cry, leading to the most awkward and concussed post-fight interview of all time, while Jones didn't have a scratch on him and was just getting started on the brutality.

Matt Hamill is delusional... I never liked him, and always rooted against him... Bisping was right.
Therein lies the contradiction of Jon Jones, he didn't need to cheat to win but he did anyway. If you cheat and get caught, you get the L simple as that.

Therein lies the contradiction of Jon Jones, he didn't need to cheat to win but he did anyway. If you cheat and get caught, you get the L simple as that.
Tbh i think that this was just Jones getting carried away in the moment...

ezgif.com-resize-9.gif

I'm also not convinced how ^ this is cheating, but this isnt:

tumblr_n31vpa5mP11six5o1o2_250.gif

Were talking about fractions of an angle... Theres even an argument to say that Jones wasn't throwing a full 12-6 - more like an 11:55-06:15...

Drug talk is also speculation at this stage in his career, albeit likely happened... This was the very first time Jones didn't seem squeaky clean, as far as I can remember..?

Last edited:
Tbh i think that this was just Jones getting carried away in the moment...

ezgif.com-resize-9.gif

I'm also not convinced how ^ this is cheating, but this isnt:

tumblr_n31vpa5mP11six5o1o2_250.gif

Were talking about fractions of an angle... Theres even an argument to say that Jones wasn't throwing a full 12-6 z more like an 11:55-06:15...

Drug talk is also speculation at this stage in his career, albeit likely happened... This was the very first time Jones didn't seem squeaky clean, as far as I can remember..?
I guess I just have a different view of the rules of a game. In American sports like football and basketball, first of all, there are bad calls all the time, you have to live with it, and second, often a small penalty away from the ball that had no impact on the immediate play can erase a score and possibly cause a team to lose the game. It's just the way it is as far as I'm concerned.

I have no issue with calling a fight over a foul (Sterling vs Yan 1) totally fair play. The issue I had with this decision is that it's not like Hamill couldn't continue because of the elbows. He couldn't continue because Jon broke his collarbone completely legally. The fight should already have been over and the stoppage and foul are not related.

Not Hamill's fault, and a win is a win. It's just not great reffing.

I guess I just have a different view of the rules of a game. In American sports like football and basketball, first of all, there are bad calls all the time, you have to live with it, and second, often a small penalty away from the ball that had no impact on the immediate play can erase a score and possibly cause a team to lose the game. It's just the way it is as far as I'm concerned.
Football (with the feet) has started bringing in VAR now, and it's completely ruined the game... I like the hunan element of referees making bad calls in sport - video replays are corrupt as fuck. Play gets held up while they look for infractions, overrule goals, and so on... So I guess I'm with you on that..?

Hamill getting the W was always a bad call that was lived with.

Conversationally, I hated Jones back then... His "good guy" image was so transparent... I dont mind a scumbag that admits to being one - its the scumbags that pretend to be saints that I can't abide.

Jones is just one of many succesful, dirty fighters... His personal life, and decision-making have definitely amplified the hate.

I've never heard anyone make a good argument as to why he doesn't deserve the loss, only that he was the better fighter (as if the winner of every fight has been the better fighter).

Really?

He landed like two dozen clean legal punches and elbows from mount before the 12-6s. Hamill was trapped, helpless and not fighting back. Any other ref besides Mazzagatti would've stopped it.

Also, Hamill's primary injury was a separated shoulder from the legal throw that Jones landed on him.

I've never heard anyone make a good argument as to why he doesn't deserve the loss, only that he was the better fighter (as if the winner of every fight has been the better fighter).

You must not be listening then, because it's been made multiple times and makes perfect sense every time.

A disqualification happens if a fighter is unable to continue because of an illegal strike. Hamill couldn't continue because of the broken collarbone, not the 12-6 elbows, so it should be a TKO loss for him due to injury. (And we don't even need to get into the ref asking a deaf fighter with blood in his eyes if he could continue.)

Football (with the feet) has started bringing in VAR now, and it's completely ruined the game... I like the hunan element of referees making bad calls in sport - video replays are corrupt as fuck. Play gets held up while they look for infractions, overrule goals, and so on... So I guess I'm with you on that..?

That's the only reason American football still uses two big orange posts connected by a chain to determine first downs. It's absurd that with today's technology we don't just stick a chip in the ball that can detect where it is, but fans (myself included) love the chain, so we keep it.

I think Matt hamill’s victory over jones had to be on Rousey’s mind when she made the “under the right circumstances comment

Jones on steroids and cocaine. Worth it ? Milions

Its like in American Football, this actually just happened in the NFC Championship game but it wasnt game breaking. But they have this rule where, if something happens to where the clock has to be stopped, there is a 10 second runoff. Ok, that makes sense. You dont want players faking injuries just to stop the clock. So there is a 10 second runoff unless you use a timeout. Actually, I think an injury under 2 mins is an auto timeout. But my point is, the refs can call a timeout for various reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with either team and the team with the ball will either have to burn a timeout or accept a 10 second runoff. In the case of the NFC game, there was a drone flying too close, so the refs called an administrative timeout. And even though it had nothing to do with the team with the ball, they either had to lose a timeout, or accept a 10 second runoff. That to me is CRAZY. So basically, a team could be on the 1 yard line, with 10 seconds left, no timeouts. And the refs can just be like. "oh, we had to call a timeout, and because you dont have any timeouts, there is a 10 second runoff. GAME OVER!" WTF

- Hamill's shoulder was dislocated from the trip takedown which was a legal fight ending injury
- The fight should've been stopped at any point from the contiunous 2 minutes of GNP prior
- They're not even 12-6 elbows. Jon comes down at an angle as he's supposed to
- an instant DQ instead of a point reduction is ridiculous and only occurred because the ref suddenly noticed Hamill couldn't continue after he hadn't been able to continue from the last 2 minutes, not 2 elbows
- the ref verbally asked a deaf dude with blood in his eyes preventing him from even lip reading if he could continue and Hamill obviously didn't respond

Just say you hate Jones.

Last edited:
Back