Math Don't Make No Sense

The language in the thread title explains how it works. What you ACTUALLY said was "math makes sense," because you used a double negative. If math doesn't make no sense, it makes sense. Sometimes if you add in a negative, it results in a positive, which you ironically laid out in your title.

Math Don't Make No Sense

Something tells me you aren't exactly kicking English grammar's ass, either ...

Could be a genius testing who would figure out that the double negative in the title, answers the question he asked in the op. But I doubt it.

Math is not logical.

https://www.memoriapress.com/articles/logic-not-math/

" The answer, of course, is that logic is about finding truth with words, not symbols and with language, not math. I cannot stress this point strongly enough. For classical educators, this point is absolutely crucial because it will determine the very makeup of their curriculum."

LH97.gif

How do two Negatives make a Positive?

Here is the problem

-23 - (-41)

the answer is 18.

How can that be answer. The rule doesnt make any sense.

Ill allow it if it works with credit card debt.

Here is the problem

-23 - (-41)

the answer is 18.

4 pages of replies and none of you clowns know the true answer? smh

The answer is when you are sitting in class at 8am on a Monday morning all hung over as hell because you got hammered the previous night and banged that fat chick at the party the - (- looks indistinguishable from a + sign.

Here is the problem

-23 - (-41)

the answer is 18.

If you have 3 negative Nancies in a room, you have a negative atmosphere in that room. If you add a negative Nancy to it you have an even more negative atmosphere, but if you take away a negative Nancy the room becomes a little more bearable.

They are the ones who charged your account. By reversing the charge you suddenly get the money credited back to your account.

I inferred from your OP that you are trolling, but there really are a surprising amount of kids who struggled with these concepts when I was in school.

I actually feel bad for them. Not many genisises running around like you and I

Here is the problem

-23 - (-41)

the answer is 18.

In terms of "making sense" I think you need to consider that there are two ways to view numbers, as a representation of real world objects and as mathematical functions. Positive numbers can be both, negative numbers cannot be the first thus don't match up to "common sense" in the same fashion.

I actually feel bad for them. Not many genisises running around like you and I
My Fields Medal and your Nobel Prize for Literature for our respective work ITT are certainly an inevitability. Any day now.

Back