Mass Effect Andromeda, v2: In a Galaxy far far away..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the script DA2 bad? I can pull through if it's at least better.

Ive had literally one conversation with a character where the script was bad. It wasnt weak, it was bad. Still. After about 5 hours one bad conversation isnt gonna kill it,

Yea they are pretty powerful now. Not as many armor and shields.

A true warrior fights the enemy with out powers. a really warrior has all of his fighting potential at the ready. Fire power wins wars

A true warrior fights the enemy with out powers. a really warrior has all of his fighting potential at the ready. Fire power wins wars

Without powers, Sir?

*Ahem*

640x952_19378_Psyker_2d_fantasy_mage_magic_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Librarian_Astartes.png

3 hours in and Im stuck at a loading screen...

Edit: Reloaded twice and solved the problem.

Last edited:
I will be starting the game today's evening. I played the trilogy as a soldier (I just don't see Shepard as some fancy biotic or an engineer). Dunno who will my Ryder be.

You guys enjoying the story? It keeping you invested?

anyone doing this in 4k.

i just saw this game in 4k. my penis was very pleased

anyone doing this in 4k.

i just saw this game in 4k. my penis was very pleased

Best I can do is the HDR thing or whatever it's called. Game is pretty but sometimes it looks rough. Seems to go back and forth but much more pretty moments than rough.

You guys enjoying the story? It keeping you invested?

It's pretty interesting. Keeping me invested for sure.

Last edited:
So nice to have a Krogan in my party. Doesn't quite feel like ME until you hear the Krogan running off into the crowd of enemies roaring and fucking shit up.

Because 6 years ago they made a game that was only OK? And then 3 years ago they made a game that was really good and garnered mostly reviews of 8's and 9's?

Doubt it. Like I said. It's the "cool" thing to do on forums, and sheep gonna sheep.

When they made games I enjoyed, I liked them, and when they consistently started making games I didn't, I stopped liking them.

Didn't Inquisition get like low 9's high 8's and win GOTY?

If you guys liked it, that's cool. It was terrible single player MMO bullshit to me though, and that's not what it was advertised as. The game had all the undesirable qualities of a MMO grind without any of the benefit of being multiplayer.

Also, if you call Dragon Age 2 'okay', well, we have nothing to talk about. They went from having a game based around your decisions shaping your character and RPG, to just being a hack'n'slash where you were Hawk; or she-Hawk - a person with the depth of a shallow puddle.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you guys liked it, that's cool. It was terrible single player MMO bullshit though. The game had all the undesirable qualities of a MMO grind without any of the benefit of being multiplayer.

Also, if you call Dragon Age 2 'okay', well, we have nothing to talk about. They went from having a game based around your decisions shaping your character to just being a hack'n'slash where you were Hawk; or she-Hawk - a person with the depth of a shallow puddle.

I loved DAI if you didn't that's fine just recognize it was a well received game. Same with the Witcher 3 I thought it was trash. The plot progression was the laziest shit I've seen from the dev I was saddened after the master piece that was Witcher 2, "Do me this favor and I'll tell you a little bit more" for 20+ hours. WIth that said I recognize I'm in the minority.

Dragon age 2 as far as game play was ok (nothing like Dragon age though), choices didn't mean much either but the story overall I enjoyed it. I've always enjoyed the Mage vs templar theme that Dragon Age had and since 2 focused on that I played it only for the story and rushed through it. I did no side quest or anything. Just went frrom start to finish only doing the main quest story line.

I loved DAI if you didn't that's fine just recognize it was a well received game. Same with the Witcher 3 I thought it was trash. The plot progression was the laziest shit I've seen from the dev I was saddened after the master piece that was Witcher 2, "Do me this favor and I'll tell you a little bit more" for 20+ hours. WIth that said I recognize I'm in the minority.

Dragon age 2 as far as game play was ok (nothing like Dragon age though), choices didn't mean much either but the story overall I enjoyed it. I've always enjoyed the Mage vs templar theme that Dragon Age had and since 2 focused on that I played it only for the story and rushed through it. I did no side quest or anything. Just went frrom start to finish only doing the main quest story line.

DA I was reviewed well by large outlets, but had an incredibly mixed (like 40/60 good/bad) user score. If you liked it though, that's all that matters.

I don't get how DA2 gets a pass. It was literally a hack'n'slash game with a weak protagonist. Cool things were going on in the world outside your own character; it's like you were stuck as a dude-bro watching a decent story play out in the background.

Anders actually had a really solid character arc. The fact that it comes out that he's gay, kind of self-loathing, and has this fanatical hate towards the church that he eventually tries to blow up with a magic-shit bomb, was really interesting. The elf girl and her blood magic wasn't bad either. You - Hawk - the protagonist though, were just awful; even edgelord Fenris had more character rounding than you.

Last edited:
DA I was reviewed well by large outlets, but had an incredibly mixed (like 40/60 good/bad) user score. If you liked it though, that's all that matters.

I don't get how DA2 gets a pass. It was literally a hack'n'slash game with a weak protagonist. Cool things were going on in the world outside your own character; it's like you were stuck as a dude-bro watching a decent story play out in the background.

Anders actually had a really solid character arc. The fact that it comes out that he's gay, kind of self-loathing, and has this fanatical hate towards the church that he eventually tries to blow up with a magic-shit bomb, was really interesting. The elf girl and her blood magic wasn't bad either. You - Hawk - the protagonist though, were just awful; even edgelord Fenris had more character rounding than you.

I'm not giving DA2 a pass. I'm just saying I enjoyed the story. Beyond that the game wasn't much to talk about.

ok not being able to save in monoliths is pissing me off. Seem's that's where it wants to restrict saves and it's annoying as fuck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back