Mark Hunt would easily KO Ngannou

I think Werdum would handle him, pretty sure if he got top control it’d be over quick. Sub game would too much to Francis.
If he can get him to the ground in the first place. The clinch doesn't seem to work well on Francais. He would have to bait him to the ground like with Reem. Only Cain, Stipe, Blaydes, and Cormier (if he goes HW)can take him down

Seriously. These threads are now saying how Derrick could easily beat Francais despite him having worse condition, chin and slower speed than Nganau

Derrick Lewis is not far off from Ngannou skillswise and ability. And Lewis is the most overrated HW's of this era.

If he can get him to the ground in the first place. The clinch doesn't seem to work well on Francais. Only Cain, Stipe, Blaydes, and Cormier (if he goes HW)can take him down

Any grappler who can survive the first few minutes can take him down. Ngannou has Bob Sapp stamina level. Did you watch the fight yesterday?

I think Werdum would handle him, pretty sure if he got top control it’d be over quick. Sub game would too much to Francis.
I don't think Werdum can take Francis down. But I can see the brazilian with a little bit of advantage on the clinch.

Derrick Lewis is not far off from Ngannou skillswise and ability. And Lewis is the most overrated HW's of this era.
Besides knockout power, Derrick is worse off cardio wise, seems slower, and doesn't have the durability

That's the beauty of Sherdog, one day a fighter is invincible and then, after a loss, he will lose to anyone ^^

With his weight and power I think it will be wise for him to really improvge his takedown/ground skill. Having power plus good takedown to make his opponent carry his weight (like Cormier per example) would be a good thing for him, he cannot rely only on his punches anymore.
I thought the same thing can u imagine a guy his size sprawling on your neck then hammer fisting your spine

the guy is not easy to put down, Stipe hits like a truck and he clocked him in the head alot, maybe if he's off the roids idk, we will see i guess

Can you just wait for him to get busted before saying that he is taking Roids ??? I know he has a monstrous frame but as long as he is not busted for anything I think people should shut their mouth ...

I thought the same thing can u imagine a guy his size sprawling on your neck then hammer fisting your spine

Excatly, I would have love to see him concentrate on that for this fight or lot of kicks instead on staying to the tool everyone is aware of : his punching power.

Last edited:
Can you just wait for him to get busted before saying that he is taking Roids ??? I know he has a monstrous frame but as long as he is not busted for anything I think people should shut their mouth ...

lets cut the bullshit, if you have to cut to make 265 and you are always showing up ripped like a body builder you are taking some shit

Hunt lost to prime JDS who is very similar in many regards. Junior has poor ground game, unusual but very powerful hands, had an early career loss to an opponent with a better ground game. The differences are Ngannou hits even harder but has worse cardio.

Ngannou would have been much more aggressive without the takedown threat. Junior had almost KO'd Hunt in the first round. Ngannou would have certainly finished the job.

That's the beauty of Sherdog, one day a fighter is invincible and then, after a loss, he will lose to anyone ^^

With his weight and power I think it will be wise for him to really improvge his takedownground skill. Having power plus good takedown to make his opponent carry his weight (like Cormier per example) would be a good thing for him, je cannot rely only on his punches anymore.

yes, the clear take aways from the fight are that Francis is one-dimensional and not ready for five rounds.

He had nothing once the fight hit the ground and clearly has a ways to go in his MMA development. The rest of the division had better hope he doesn't round out his game anytime soon though lol. Great win for Stipe, which should silence a lot of doubters. He displayed high fight IQ by not taking unnecessary chances and sticking to what was clearly working extremely well.

Prime JDS had to shoot takedowns?? He beat the shit out of Hunt standing, knocked him down and then KO'd him with a kick.

Besides knockout power, Derrick is worse off cardio wise, seems slower, and doesn't have the durability

Derrick has better cardio. And Derrick actually has ATROCIOUS cardio in general.

Derrick is just as fast as Ngannou. And Derrick is actually very slow and clumsy in general.

Durability I guess that's one thing he has over the All Time Great Derrick Lewis. Good for Francis. Proud of him.

Seriously. These threads are now saying how Derrick could easily beat Francais despite him having worse condition, chin and slower speed than Nganau

LOL - yeah - Francis seems like a terrible stylistic matchup for Lewis. If Lewis had a gas tank, it might be a different story.

Ngannou needs to fight Brock Lesnar. Huge name with huge payday, would help him rebuild the image and winnable

Prime JDS had to shoot takedowns?? He beat the shit out of Hunt standing, knocked him down and then KO'd him with a kick.

Exactly.

He even staggered Hunt with a hard left jab.

He massacred hunt at his own game. Prime JDS is one of the most formidable fighters ever.

Hunt has way better hands, but he's been in so many wars.. Francis has big power.

WAR HUNTO!!

Mark Hunt was easily KOed by the manlet version of Francis...Melvin Manhoef ..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back