Mark Hunt would easily KO Ngannou

Loriquero

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
-Hunto is the only guy in all MMA who can stand and bang with the predator.

-The samoan has lots of experience and knows how to find a chin. If Ngannou comes swinging wildly like he did against Stipe in the first, I can see dat african chin being tested.

-Near prime JDS had to shoot takedowns against Hunto.
-Stipe also.
-The only guy who banged with Hunto on feet and survived was roided Bigfoot.
-Hunto can go 5 rounds banging on feet. Ngannou barely can go 2 rounds.
-Hunto is the better striker in the technical department.
-Ngannou uppercut would not have enough momentum because Hunto is not tall enough.

Mark-Hunt-Pride-NYE-2005-478x2701.jpg

Super Samoan bless

Hunt in his prime would be a nightmere matchup for francis. Would eat whatever he had and KO him with a punch just as hard.

Hunt now though......idk man

-The samoan has lots of experience and knows how to find a chin. If Ngannou comes swinging wildly like he did against Stipe in the first, I can see dat african chin being tested.

-Stipe also.
-Ngannou uppercut would not have enough momentum because Hunto is not tall enough.

Super Samoan bless

He's no longer relevant.

I don't know that anybody easily beats Ngannou. Hunt would be a fun matchup though. I give him a good shot either way.

I agree, was thinking that last night

Ngannou has a serious weight and seems to have a strength advantage against most heavyweights, but Hunt could def match him in strength and punch power I think.

And Hunt has boxing skills

and here we go...

cue all the so-and-so "would easily" beat Francis threads lol

I understand that Ngannou lost and Sherdog loves to rag on fighters who lose, but come on man. Ngannou, as green as he is, is still a scary match for anyone. Hunt has been hurt many times in his UFC career and he's been KO'ed. If Bigfoot can hurt Hunt, so can Ngannou.

Now Hunt loses to Francis no doubt imo.
In prime,edge to Hunt but its a heavyweight,Ngannou could crack him.

and here we go...

Seriously. These threads are now saying how Derrick could easily beat Francais despite him having worse condition, chin and slower speed than Nganau

About 7 years ago, sure. Now, Ngannou catches him with a bomb .

-Stipe also.

Super Samoan bless
Ngannou merks any version of Hunt that has ever competed. Hunt can't stand and bang with Ngannou. No one in the UFC can.

and here we go...

That's the beauty of Sherdog, one day a fighter is invincible and then, after a loss, he will lose to anyone ^^

With his weight and power I think it will be wise for him to really improvge his takedown/ground skill. Having power plus good takedown to make his opponent carry his weight (like Cormier per example) would be a good thing for him, he cannot rely only on his punches anymore.

He's no longer relevant.
He is the #5 ranked heavyweight right now. It would make sense for Ngannou as a recovery match. But I think the UFC doesn't want to completely derrail their african-french hype train. They would put him against a tailor made opponent like Werdoom or Black Beast.

Hunt is about 57 years old now and has been ko’d too many times. Leave him alone.

the guy is not easy to put down, Stipe hits like a truck and he clocked him in the head alot, maybe if he's off the roids idk, we will see i guess

He is the #5 ranked heavyweight right now. It would make sense for Ngannou as a recovery match. But I think the UFC doesn't want to completely derrail their african-french hype train. They would put him against a tailor made opponent like Werdoom or Black Beast.
I think Werdum would handle him, pretty sure if he got top control it’d be over quick. Sub game would too much to Francis.

Ngannou merks any version of Hunt that has ever competed. Hunt can't stand and bang with Ngannou. No one in the UFC can.
I think prime JDS would be favorite against 2018 Ngannou. He had great chin, great box (for MMA standards) and cardio for days.
Put 15KG to Gustafson, and would be a toss of a coin

Prime Hunt maybe

Hunt now? Not so sure

Back