Mariusz Pudzianowski vs James McSweeney headlines KSW 40 Dublin

PudzianFighter

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

It is official, James ’The Hammer’ McSweeney (15-15) will face five-times world’s strongest man and KSW legend Mariusz Pudzianowski (11-5) in the main event of KSW 40 at the 3Arena in Dublin, Ireland on October 22nd.

A former KSW heavyweight title challenger, McSweeney returns to competition and to the KSW arena once again after a year away. The 36-year-old is known around the world through his fighting and coaching having fought in some of the most prestigious MMA organisations and worked with some of the most well known fighters in all parts of the world.

Fighting in Ireland will be a first for McSweeney and it is something he will hold dear to his heart as he has a strong connection to the Emerald Isle. His father and grandparents all hail from County Cork in southern Ireland and he says he is technically three-quarters Irish. With a lot of family still in Ireland he is expecting a big support at the 3Arena when he faces former strongman Pudzianowski.

"I can not wait to fight, I am very hungry," stated McSweeney. "Pudzianowski is a great opponent - big and strong. But this is not a test of strength, I can not wait to knock him out in front of all my Irish family. The Irish community are very supportive of their people, I will be victorious in representing my family name in our home country."

Mariusz Pudzianowski dominated the world of strongman with five titles between 2002 and 2008, more than anyone else in that sport. After he left he then focused on MMA and has had great success over the years defeating the likes of Oli Thompson, Sean McCorkle, Butterbean, Bob Sapp and has that highlight reel KO win over Rolles Gracie Jr., he is now one of the biggest names in KSW.

"We wanted a big main event for our first show in Ireland and we have it,” says KSW CEO and co-founder Martin Lewandowski. “This is a fight of titanic proportions, worthy of the Irish crowd. Pudzianowski and McSweeney are never involved in boring fights so this has all the makings of an explosive contest that could end at any moment."

You can buy tickets for KSW 40 at Ticketmaster.ie and you can also watch this event live from anywhere in the world on October 22nd at KSWTV.com.

Another can, another Pudzian victory
<Fedor23>

(although James may have some chance)

Man as fun as Super Mariusz has been too watch. With someone like James and all of his Muay Thai/Kickboxing experience Mariusz should be a heavy bag for him but goddamn he fell off before he called it quits even getting tko'd by a Gracie on the feet!

It is official, James ’The Hammer’ McSweeney (15-15) will face five-times world’s strongest man and KSW legend Mariusz Pudzianowski (11-5) in the main event of KSW 40 at the 3Arena in Dublin, Ireland on October 22nd.

A former KSW heavyweight title challenger, McSweeney returns to competition and to the KSW arena once again after a year away. The 36-year-old is known around the world through his fighting and coaching having fought in some of the most prestigious MMA organisations and worked with some of the most well known fighters in all parts of the world.

Fighting in Ireland will be a first for McSweeney and it is something he will hold dear to his heart as he has a strong connection to the Emerald Isle. His father and grandparents all hail from County Cork in southern Ireland and he says he is technically three-quarters Irish. With a lot of family still in Ireland he is expecting a big support at the 3Arena when he faces former strongman Pudzianowski.

"I can not wait to fight, I am very hungry," stated McSweeney. "Pudzianowski is a great opponent - big and strong. But this is not a test of strength, I can not wait to knock him out in front of all my Irish family. The Irish community are very supportive of their people, I will be victorious in representing my family name in our home country."

Mariusz Pudzianowski dominated the world of strongman with five titles between 2002 and 2008, more than anyone else in that sport. After he left he then focused on MMA and has had great success over the years defeating the likes of Oli Thompson, Sean McCorkle, Butterbean, Bob Sapp and has that highlight reel KO win over Rolles Gracie Jr., he is now one of the biggest names in KSW.

"We wanted a big main event for our first show in Ireland and we have it,” says KSW CEO and co-founder Martin Lewandowski. “This is a fight of titanic proportions, worthy of the Irish crowd. Pudzianowski and McSweeney are never involved in boring fights so this has all the makings of an explosive contest that could end at any moment."

You can buy tickets for KSW 40 at Ticketmaster.ie and you can also watch this event live from anywhere in the world on October 22nd at KSWTV.com.

Is this for the belt?

McSwhatever is 1-4 in his last 5. What a shit main event.

Pudz vs Conor for Polish Freakfight Zloty Belt! :D

"technically three-quarters Irish" LOL
<FookIsThatGuy>

Easy fight for james to display his true skill set to be honest, if pudz takes him down before james fuly knocks him out, then submission right away.

James by ko or armbar

And he is actually taking this very serious. Been up in holland with Lucien carbin and training with old teammates.

Last edited:
Pudzilla is gonna rip his head off.

Although if McSweeney had any semblance of fight IQ, which he doesn't, he should be able to pick Pudz apart from a distance for 3 mins until Pudz gasses then just TKO him.

Knowing James, he's gonna shoot a double leg and try to grapple.

I'm guessing James will be back on his vitamins like he was in ONE. Let's see who gasses first.

This ends with james mcsweeney by ko or by armbar. I guess rolzalski is done fighting? I mean vacated the title

Either goes like this
@6:00

Or lokteff way

Then their is that freak chance for a big pudz shot. But pudz will need more than a 2 minute gas tank

Back