Marc Diakiese injured Teemu Packalen's knee with a sidekick to the kneecap - likely requires surgery

Terrible example. A broken orbital bone will heal with rest. The cells in the bone will regenerate and your orbital will be 100% again.

Knee cartillage doesnt magically heal with rest and Robitussin. Once your zhit is torn, its torn. You cant get it back. A minor injury you might be able to have arthroscopy to repair it, but something major will take a year or more to heal and even then wont heal 100%. Should an MMA fighter making 10k per fight have to take a year off because his opponent is dirty? And even after a year its never the same because cartillage doesnt heal like bone does.

You can also defend someone trying to rip your scrotum off with their hand. So why isnt that technique legal?
Not to mention you'll move just fine even with an injured orbital bone, not so much with an injured knee.

Dafaq Teemo?

Welcome to the Teemo era

teemoing-teemo.jpg

People don't believe him because he didn't start talking about Jones "crippling him" until like a year after the fight. There's also the fact that he claims just about every person or thing that he's ever interacted with has fucked him over somehow.

Anyway, this is how he was acting immediately after he'd allegedly just suffered a life-altering injury to his knees:

Not one fucking word about Jones injuring him. Since when is there a delayed reaction to a serious knee injury?

...and on the subject of "oblique kicks," there are far more injuries to the leg resulting from conventional kicks to the side of the leg. How come nobody ever complains about those?

Knee injuries arent like broken bones. There have been footballers who tear their cartilage during a game, play with it like that the rest of the game with minor pain, go home and sleep, then the next day when they get out of bed they can barely walk and end up finding out they have a torn ACL. You guys have obviously never had an injury like this or you would know.

One of my friends who teaches TKD recently tore his ACL in class, and the only way he knew something was wrong was pain afterwards. He was able to walk fine and finish class after he injured it.

UFC fighters should have free stem cell shots per year.

You can also defend someone trying to rip your scrotum off with their hand. So why isnt that technique legal?

This is actually not true, I mean the cup protects this from happening but in many positions you cannot defend your scrotum from being torn off, nor your ears, nor your nose etc.

This is actually not true, I mean the cup protects this from happening but in many positions you cannot defend your scrotum from being torn off, nor your ears, nor your nose etc.

If two fighters are in a standard fighting/grappling position and one tries to reach down to twist your scrotum youre saying its impossible for you to defend it? lol

If we are going by your logic there are also situations where a fighter cannot defend a knee kick easily as well. So why are you for the knee kick and not for the scrotum rip?

Would it still hurt the knee if your knee is bent like a boxers, in a more of a squat than the upright stance the guy has

Good thread

Any kicks or strikes to the knees should not be used.

I saw that kick the moment it happened, thought it was pretty bad but would not tell that was a MCL's demise.

It's silly that, for some reason, fighters can't cling into the fence albeit an oblique kick to the knee is totally acceptable, not even a Jon-Jones kind of warning issued...

As a person who had faced knee surgery in the past, I can tell: That guy is fucked.

It's about time an actual injury was caused by this. Now all the folks 100% convinced this is the most dangerous, life altering technique on earth might have a single piece of evidence.

Don't like these kicks, never have, never will, absolutely don't think fighters should be exposed to certain dangerous techniques that can result in career ending injuries. Fighter safety should come first and foremost, this technique can easily be a fight ending injury, but so can leg kicks, so where do we draw the line, not sure TBH because we don't want to take the fight out of fighting, right?

Adlan Amagov wrecked Keith Berry's knee with the same technique in Strikeforce and Berry has been an advocate for banning the strike since. I find the technique fair and very effective personally.

2zso9yc.jpg
Berry fought one month later. And four months after that. Of course he'd an advocate against it; he lost to one.

Don't like these kicks, never have, never will, absolutely don't think fighters should be exposed to certain dangerous techniques that can result in career ending injuries. Fighter safety should come first and foremost, this technique can easily be a fight ending injury, but so can leg kicks, so where do we draw the line, not sure TBH because we don't want to take the fight out of fighting, right?
Literally every fight ending technique has the potential to be a career ending injury.

I don't really like the technique but it shouldn't be illegal. Everyone can throw them if they want, so it's not you're putting someone at a disadvantage when you use them. Plus if grabbing your opponent by neck and bash his face in with your knees is allowed then I don't see why you would ban kicks to the knee.

Learn to defend the technique.

Last edited:
Literally every fight ending technique has the potential to be a career ending injury.
Correct, but how do you omit one technique in lieu of another unless you have concrete evidence that one is more dangerous than the other, you really can't, so while I don't like it IMO teep kicks should be left as legal for now.

That shit is dirty as fuck, IMO.

The lower body version of reaching out with extended fingers.

Back