News Manel Kape misses weight, fight vs Nicolau is OFF!

Well, even if Kape manages to dodge the recent fate that befell CeeRod by being forced to move up, this is still a really bad look. That's now multiple weight misses inside the promotion, with this one getting a fight scrapped last-minute... I don't see the UFC letting that go and putting him on a track toward title contention any time soon regardless of if he stays at 125. He'd have to prove he can consistently make 125 a few times before they give him that push I imagine. Kinda sucks, because on the one hand many people saw him as one of the most exciting and compelling up-and-comers for the title picture at Flyweight, but it is what it is.

As a Nicholau fan I'm just glad I don't have to see him get KO'd twice in a row. I know he nominally won the first fight, but something tells me he wouldn't have gotten so lucky this time. As an aside, Kape would be an interesting addition to Bantamweight. I wonder who his debut would be against if he got forced up...

Can't stand this guy, I'm enjoying watching him fail.

Take a replacement fight in 3 weeks ?
Making weight in 3 weeks doesnt sound ideal, iirc they often do that so they dont have to pay anything, its a bit of a shame, if fight gets called off by the AC im guessing they get show money, not their fault or decision.

There actually was a terrible virus going around Vegas, my entire family and friends circle caught it.

Back