man lynched by govt officials for objecting to them taking pictures of women defecating in public

here's another embarassing story coming out of India.

In case you're wondering why they're defecating in the open, India is pushing hard to get plumbing in the households of their citizens because right now they're just shitting in ditches and gardens. This is a problem for a number of reasons, notably the rampant spread of disease and the number of women who are getting raped while trying to defecate.

So they've legislated that every house must get a toilet and have actually hired civil servants to act as toilet police who go and inspect people's houses to make sure that they have toilets which are installed, functioning and being used.

The article doesn't say so, but there's a good chance these workers were taking photos of women shitting in the open in order to shame them into using toilets.

https://thewire.in/148380/rajasthan-man-lynched/

I have heard they also do this because they find it pleasant. They can shet on beaches, at the base of a beautiful mountain, and enjoy the scenery, plus that fresh air helps with bowel movements.

I guess those gubment officials are trying to curb this behavior. That civic worker should not have gotten in the way.

After reading the thread title I thought maybe this was a feminist art project / demonstration

I'm more surprised that people here are surprised that Indians poop in the open.

1/3 of Indians don't use toilets (that's 500 million), they have more cell phones than toilets in the country. They have designated shitting streets but also poop wherever

Their beaches are also considered fair game, where anywhere on the sand, you can just shit right there and it's considered normal

Westerners try to build toilets for them, but they make them into shrines and worship them, then poop in the open anyways

For example here are designated shitting streets
2042fa250d4841c002323b7b505e473b.jpg

_85319913_poop_protest.jpg

Here is a picture of what beaches look like in India, since they consider sand/beach to be a natural restroom of sorts
SVoAs7n_d.jpg

vQbR0M.gif

This is a restroom foreigners built, but they made it a shrine and then poop on the street around it, which apparently happens more often than not with restrooms
toilet-worship.jpg
Are you sure that's a shrine, maybe the flowers are for the smell?

Back