Crime Man in Iowa arrested for destroying the Satanic Christmas display.

No one is claiming that though. That is the issue here. It is a random example of how to use that word in a sentence. It is not an actual claim being made. You are not even arguing against a made up argument. You are arguing against a made up sentence. There is no correct or incorrect here because it is not a statement being made as fact. Not one person has claimed, in all seriousness, that Hockey is a religion. You are fighting ghosts right now.
Just to go over this again. You grabbed a random sentence that was nothing more than an example of how to use the word. For some stupid reason you have decided to treat it like an actual claim when it is not a claim at all. It is nothing more than random example of how you may use that word in a sentence. You're original premise is based on a lie. Bow out.
Your concession has already been accepted.

You don't have to keep providing excuses as to why you're avoiding the question, but for shits&giggles, lets start keeping track of your excuses.

1. That is not a factual sentence.
2. No one is claiming that though.
3. _____________________________.
4.______________________________.
5.______________________________.

You're obviously & purposely avoiding this part of my post - But for those who believe that every group who claims to be a religion to be a religion... can't adequately articulate why hockey cannot be considered a religion.

And with your #1 & #2, and with every post you've made in this thread you've proved me correct.

I'm looking forward to hear your #3, #4, & #5.

Can't condone destroying someone's property but at the same time, kind of tired of edgelords who's entire reason for being seems to be to make things unpleasant for others.

I agree with you on that, but how about banning all flags/displays/whatever on government property, other than the state flag or the Star Spangled Banner?

All these displays and random flags do is piss people off and lead to altercations and stuff like this.

Banning displays and flags, other than the ones I mentioned, seems to be an easy solution to an unnecessary, self-inflicted problem.

You're obviously & purposely avoiding this part of my post - But for those who believe that every group who claims to be a religion to be a religion... can't adequately articulate why hockey cannot be considered a religion.

Gonna ignore all the stupid drivel in your post and focus on this to once again try to get through your thick skull. This sentence you keep harping on is not a claim so there is no need to defend it from my point of view. I do not even know who you are trying to argue against or for here. Let's break this down bit by bit.

"But for those who believe that every group who claims to be a religion to be a religion"
Who are you even talking about here? Who are these made up people making this claim? I have never made this claim during our discussion nor has anyone in this thread so why am I suppose to defend it? It has nothing to do with my argument at all. I have never claimed that any group can just considered themselves a religion. Am I suppose to defend these imaginary people in your head? That seems very strange to me.

"can't adequately articulate why hockey cannot be considered a religion."

Why can't these made up people in your head do this? They are imaginary so you can have them do that if you want to. So far no one in this thread, especially me, has claimed that hockey can or can not be considered a religion. So once again I am confused why you find it necessary for me to address this while you ignore all of my points that you seem incapable of arguing against. I'm sure plenty of people can articulate why hockey cannot be considered a religion so I have no idea why you think these made up people are incapable of doing just that. And again I will reiterate, these people you are hanging your argument on are imaginary, they do not exist. The sentence you are basing your argument on is not a claim or factual statement, its basically a hooked on phonics flash card of how you can use a word in a sentence.

Seriously, are trying to asking me if I think Hockey is a religion? Or are you trying to ask me why this imaginary group of people you made up think that? I can't defend made up people so I can't answer the second question. If you want me to answer the first one then why not ask me directly? Even with my answer is still will not undo any of my arguments made so really again this is nothing more than a waste of time.

Anyways, here's my last response for the day as I am heading out from work. You should really bow out now because this level of discourse is kind of beyond you. You don't have the necessary intelligence, skills, or comprehension to be doing this. Find something else to spend your time on, or maybe try to better yourself in this context and try to learn how to debate.

Dunking on you was light work for me. Like playing pick up basketball with a quadriplegic.

I agree with you on that, but how about banning all flags/displays/whatever on government property, other than the state flag or the Star Spangled Banner?
There is only one Star Spangled Banner (Great Garrison Flag) and it is in a museum. Also, it's old and only has 15 stars. Who would want to hang this ugly piece of shit up? It would fall apart in the wind.

StarSpangledBanner_AmerHistMuseum_BirdseyeView_LightRoom.jpg

All these displays and random flags do is piss people off and lead to altercations and stuff like this.

Banning displays and flags, other than the ones I mentioned, seems to be an easy solution to an unnecessary, self-inflicted problem.
I guess. I'd prefer we could just all treat each other decently and respect traditions that are important to others and not use our beliefs as a way to spite others.

There is only one Star Spangled Banner (Great Garrison Flag) and it is in a museum. Also, it's old and only has 15 stars. Who would want to hang this ugly piece of shit up? It would fall apart in the wind.

StarSpangledBanner_AmerHistMuseum_BirdseyeView_LightRoom.jpg

best i can do is 20 bucks.

19vcz0.jpg

As a CANadian you are prohibited from shit talking that flag. It was from the war of 1812 where Americans had to travel up to Canada to stomp some British assess.

the fuck you did. you probably turned around at the border because the temperature drops like 50 degrees and the posted speed limit is in kilometers per hour instead of eagles per freedom. canada is still undefeated at war. fook around and find out eh? hey after the hockey game didn't we roll down there on our moose and zambonis and burn down your whitehouse or something? at least thats what i've learned from trump's guide to american history.

Last edited:
Naming philosophies claiming to be religions that are very old isn't a counter-argument, no matter how much you'd it to be.

Does it take only a person of authority over a large amount of people to declare their philosophy to be a religion?

Why can't the subject of philosophy be considered a religion?

And you're free to answer why "Hockey is a religion in Canada" isn't a ridiculous statement.
Haha wait, are you denying that Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism, and Jainism are religions?? [<dunn]

I mean, Jainism for example has had adherents treating it like a religion long before any Abrahamic faith existed—but since the Abrahamic faiths are either (or both) what you adhere to and what you’re familiar with, you brush it aside as not counting, somehow.

There is certainly overlap between religion and philosophy; religions generally contain teachings and philosophies. But there are a number of differences:

—Revelation or revealed texts is one. Religions have them, philosophy doesn’t. Even religions like Buddhism, which don’t have any sort of revelation from God, have revealed truths or texts: the historical Buddha is believed to have achieved enlightenment, and with that, truths were revealed to him.

—Ritual is a big one. Most all religions contain ritual, philosophy does not.

—Religion doesn have to have a god, but worship and/or reverence is common.

—Philosphy changes with truth. A philosopher should adjust their philosophy in the face of new facts. Religion deals with faith and belief more, and that typically won’t change in the face of evidence to the contrary.

I could list more stuff but let’s be honest, I’m not changing your mind.

The hockey comment wasn’t really my concern. But essentially it’s that thing you struggled with earlier: a metaphor. The sentence doesn't mean that’s hockey is a literal religion, but rather it is compared with religion due to the reverence and fervor with which adherents are devoted to it. That metaphor has become so common that it’s basically become a secondary context to the word.

The main reason why Satanic Churches should not receive tax-exempt status is because Satanism isn't a religion.

As they publicly state, they don't actually believe in Satan/'TheDevil' and do not worship him.
The most basic criteria of a religion's is a diety being worshiped, and Satanism does not even exceed that.

Satanism is anti-religion by the fact absolutely everything about it is to mock Christianity & Christians, and serves no purpose otherwise.

They are effectively atheists with such a resentment for Christianity they dedicate time and money to mock it. They're trying to be edgy, but are cringy, as displayed in the two videos in a prior post.

They constantly claim to be a church, and a religion, but they can't define what each is. And as stated by multiple times in this thread they are recognized by the federal government as a legitimate religion, they have no answer as to why that status should be respected when that status was granted by a nameless & unelected bureaucrat within the IRS.

In other words, the person who approved it not only will not or cannot suffer any consequences, they will not even be publicly identified. Such anonymous declarations having potentially significant national / societal consequences, and it cannot be challenged by an elected official?

Satanists claim to respect the constitution & the vision of the founding fathers, but the reality is they'd happily accept totalitarian rule in opposition to the people of the totalitarian nation if the dictator was in favor of them.
The main reason why Satanic Churches should not receive tax-exempt status is because Satanism isn't a religion.

As they publicly state, they don't actually believe in Satan/'TheDevil' and do not worship him.
The most basic criteria of a religion's is a diety being worshiped, and Satanism does not even exceed that.

Satanism is anti-religion by the fact absolutely everything about it is to mock Christianity & Christians, and serves no purpose otherwise.

They are effectively atheists with such a resentment for Christianity they dedicate time and money to mock it. They're trying to be edgy, but are cringy, as displayed in the two videos in a prior post.

They constantly claim to be a church, and a religion, but they can't define what each is. And as stated by multiple times in this thread they are recognized by the federal government as a legitimate religion, they have no answer as to why that status should be respected when that status was granted by a nameless & unelected bureaucrat within the IRS.

In other words, the person who approved it not only will not or cannot suffer any consequences, they will not even be publicly identified. Such anonymous declarations having potentially significant national / societal consequences, and it cannot be challenged by an elected official?

Satanists claim to respect the constitution & the vision of the founding fathers, but the reality is they'd happily accept totalitarian rule in opposition to the people of the totalitarian nation if the dictator was in favor of them.

Okay, great. You do not think that satanism is a religion, however the federal government (by granting them religious tax exempt status) does, therefore their "religion" should be treated like other religions in the public sphere/the public domain, which is precisely what happened in Iowa with the statue in the court house. Your opinion on the matter is totally irrelevant. Basically everything you have said here is totally irrelevant to the fact that the government has already granted them this status.

As long as he does not let Trump pick his lawyer.
Between Rudy and Habba they are 1-68 in court.

Are those election cases or something else? If there election cases and your just counting the judges that claimed the plaintiff had no standing, then it's a stupid argument you are forwarding.

Are those election cases or something else? If there election cases and your just counting the judges that claimed the plaintiff had no standing, then it's a stupid argument you are forwarding.
Still waiting on the proof, been damn near 3.5 years.
So far all I have seen is Trump lawyers losing their license or pleading guilty.

Back