Man Hangs Baby, Kills Self On Facebook Live

• Thread starter Deleted member 491001
  • Start date
What makes you think these sorts of things haven't happened throughout history? When people mentally break who knows what they are capable of.

They have. I said they are happening at rates higher than ever before in history.

Humans are devolving, going backwards. We know have hundreds of thousands of people who deny science. We have a society that is more polarized and tribal than ever. A greater percentage of the population is murdering people and broadcasting it for the world to see. You can't see that humanity is going further and further down a tube of no return?

This type of thing is part and parcel with everyone being able to broadcast whatever they want. Not really something to worry about because it's gonna happen. Let's not lose sight of the fact it's the horrible acts that are the problem, not the publishing of them.

They have. I said they are happening at rates higher than ever before in history.

Humans are devolving, going backwards. We know have hundreds of thousands of people who deny science. We have a society that is more polarized and tribal than ever. A greater percentage of the population is murdering people and broadcasting it for the world to see. You can't see that humanity is going further and further down a tube of no return?

Well there is no shortage of problems, but it's pretty hard to quantify relative to history. Mass media, internet, and globalization in general tends to shine lights on all sorts of things that under normal conditions people would be oblivious to.

Is a greater percentage of people murdering people? I wouldn't think so. Are we able to actually see people doing bad stuff to a higher degree? Yes.

Even if you reduce the number of bad things by half, if you then focused on them three times as much it would create the perception that things are getting worse.

This type of thing is part and parcel with everyone being able to broadcast whatever they want. Not really something to worry about because it's gonna happen. Let's not lose sight of the fact it's the horrible acts that are the problem, not the publishing of them.
True enough. The question being, is the ability to instantaneously broadcast acts like this to the world motivation? Crazy will crazy, but is that the added incentive some nutters need?

I'm not a look at me, I want to be on Jerry Springer type, so all this is a gigantic wtf from my perspective. Then again, neither am I a psychopath.

Crazy will crazy, but is that the added incentive some nutters need?

Maybe. Same as free speech in entertainment gives people ideas. Was just reading about some acid attack that closely resembled a tv show plot that had aired a couple weeks prior. What are you gonna do though?

Maybe. Same as free speech in entertainment gives people ideas. Was just reading about some acid attack that closely resembled a tv show plot that had aired a couple weeks prior. What are you gonna do though?
Yeah, guess I'm trying to understand things that make no sense.

Sounds less painful than the My Sex Junk video.

Actually, I had a countdown for when attention whoring would result in borderline murder by an otherwise normal person. The scenario was someone drowning and a bystander, instead of rescuing the person, videotapes them drowning and posts it online for views.

Something came close recently where an Ethiopean maid fell out a window she was cleaning, and was hanging on to the frame while her housemaid stood there videotaping her saying "you are so silly, you need to be more careful" all the while the Ethiopean maid is begging for her hand to help her back up. Then the maid drops, falls what appears to be six or seven floors. At first I thought she died, but found out she just had a broken arm and other non-life threatening injuries.

Goes to show how some Kuwaiti women would view africans as worthless animals.

But the truth is there are more good people in this world then we are lead to believe, because everyday kindness isn't newsworthy. But there is plenty of beauty in this world.

Maybe he was hoping that he would finally get the more likes that he was craving

(or maybe he wanted to send a message in a very sick and distorted way but a way that few would refuse to hear that something is inherently wrong with system)

Does it not make sense of it is just unquantifiable and without any practical solution?
The act itself makes no sense to me, and I imagine that goes for most normal people. Or perhaps I don't want it to make sense.

No practical solutions are to be had for unidentifiable problems from my understanding.

The act itself makes no sense to me, and I imagine that goes for most normal people. Or perhaps I don't want it to make sense.

No practical solutions are to be had for unidentifiable problems from my understanding.

Ahh, well...even though I can't relate I still expect murder and suicide to be regular occurrences throughout my lifetime.

Human beings have come to a point in our development where we are just completely broken beyond repair as a species. All over the world we commit senseless vile against each other. Now technology allows us to broadcast the very worst in our species to each other.

The old sci fi dream of humans one day evolving to a point where world peace and utopia is achieved and all of man's pain, fear, poverty and hate is dispelled is never going to happen. We'll be gnashing our teeth and tearing each other apart until we blow our own planet up.
Good post.

Humans would reach a social defcon 1 if we up and got rid of social media outlets.

bloody-hands.jpg

Pt7s7vaw6n8C4.gif

Giving these people attention is enabling them.

Emotionally deranged+mentally simple=when you're upset you default to familiar ideas.

"School shootings" weren't a thing when every household in the US was an armory.

They became a thing after the media jacked off to Columbine and forced it into the brain of every simpleton on the planet. It became familiar, the thing you do when you have no friends. Inevitable. Now livestreaming murders and suicides is a thing because it's guaranteed attention.

I wish there was some sort of public agreement that we cover and report authentic crimes -- but that if you did something on a livestream or at a school or whatever explicitly for attention, we deprive you of that attention and just scrub you from existence.

Too bad most mainstream liberal journalists seem like cucked-out, attention starved school shooter types themselves.

Who needs Red Rooms on the Dark Net when people are doing it for free with Facebook Live?

Human beings have come to a point in our development where we are just completely broken beyond repair as a species. All over the world we commit senseless vile against each other. Now technology allows us to broadcast the very worst in our species to each other.

The old sci fi dream of humans one day evolving to a point where world peace and utopia is achieved and all of man's pain, fear, poverty and hate is dispelled is never going to happen. We'll be gnashing our teeth and tearing each other apart until we blow our own planet up.
Truth.

Although I'd argue cat videos have done wonders to push the world toward peace. :)

I can only hope there is Hell for such filth.

May be be sodomized for all eternity by a well endowed demon with burning hot shards of glass embedded in its member.

Sad for the baby but did it really have a chance with the guy

Back