Man dies of 'projectile wound of the head' after vape pen explodes

Don't use cheap vape products. Shitty quality and dangerous.

Stick with Kangertech.

Kangertech is a good brand, agreed.

Still think we take a risk with anything we buy electronically though when it comes to vaping.

Well his dreams are now vaporized.

Jeez, what happened to Marlboro Reds and bong hits?

Lol.. Smoke E - Mountain!!!!

Smokey Mountain is a former open pit garbage disposal site in the heart of Manila back in the 80s.

One should know he is smoking shit if its named after a dump site! Lol.

True. I wouldn't trust my life with a piece of Pinoy technology.

its trendy to hate one ecigs these days but I feel really bad for the dude. Ive used them in the past but being scared of something like that is the exact reason I stopped. You cant leave those things in your car or they will exploded.

I find it weird how the new thing is to call ecig users gay. Like shit, people are just trying to be healthier. I'd rather smell vape juice than cigarette smoke that is going to stain my clothes just from walking through it.
8A5CFFDC-E8CE-4194-805D-69EC6F6A20F9.jpeg

its trendy to hate one ecigs these days but I feel really bad for the dude. Ive used them in the past but being scared of something like that is the exact reason I stopped. You cant leave those things in your car or they will exploded.

I find it weird how the new thing is to call ecig users gay. Like shit, people are just trying to be healthier. I'd rather smell vape juice than cigarette smoke that is going to stain my clothes just from walking through it.

I vape and do not want to die this way.

While it might be the first "vape pen" death, it's not the first death caused by a lithium battery exploding. The explosion itself doesn't have to kill you, the resulting fire could as well in some situations. It's a good idea to purchase items that have lithium batteries from well known companies. The risk is far less with those vs. some unknown knockoff. The problem is sorting the real from the fake - there's probably a ton of fake ones even on places like amazon.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/05/16/man-dies-projectile-wound-head-after-vape-pen-explodes.html

These things are known to spontaneously explode without warning because of the batteries. I'd be weary next time I stand next to one of these guys, but then again the devices are completely hidden most of the time. It's like standing next to a suicide bomber.
The pens? Yeah

The pens have been known for that for some time. They also leak like motherfuckers and generally do not feel as good.

Some of the ones with removable batteries can be very dangerous if you take the removable battery out and have it in a pocket with anything metal like a coin. Or if you replace batteries with batteries not designed for your unit

Use a regulated mod with a built in battery and you probably never have a problem you can't see coming. At worst, you notice it autofires on you and immediately know to replace it ASAP if that ever happens

IMG_2661.jpg

Lol.. Smoke E - Mountain!!!!

Smokey Mountain is a former open pit garbage disposal site in the heart of Manila back in the 80s.

One should know he is smoking shit if its named after a dump site! Lol.
US consumers would likely equate the name with The Great Smoky Mountains, a subrange of the Appalachian Mountains.

why do the weirdest things happen in florida?

Agreed. People just want to hate anything that they don’t do. Anyway, those things usually explode because people mod the electronics themselves and don’t know what they’re doing, or because the change in their pockets slides into the battery housing and shorts it.

Back