Maia vs. Macgregor

One of those is 170 with no draw power

One of those is a 145er, Conor doesn't hold the belt at that weight anymore

And the other one is a guy who has missed 155 twice

And you sir are a nuthugger.

Conor has tapped to guys I have never heard of in 30 seconds before. Maia would finish him quick and easily.

Maia = 6'0" 185 lbs on fight night, can take down pretty any WW.
McGregor = 5'9" 170 lb lightweight

No point in discussing this.

Maia owning the belt would be absure fire way to stop Conor from ever getting a third belt. He has a chance (no matter how small) against Woodly but Maia is everything Conor can't handle in a fighter.

The type of fights Mctapper won't ever sign...his legacy is so paper thin, casuals oriented..

Maia was pulling guard on Silva. Great BJJ. One trick pony. Left hand of doom and he is unconscious trying to arm bar the clouds.

Maia owning the belt would be absure fire way to stop Conor from ever getting a third belt. He has a chance (no matter how small) against Woodly but Maia is everything Conor can't handle in a fighter.

Maia's striking is worse then RR. You need to get your test checked and your vision ASAP.

Every fight starts on the feet. I'm not a McGregor fan, but as long as the fight starts on the feet, he has a chance to end it. No doubt Maia can get the takedown and win the grappling exchanges, but I never count out that left hand. Maia takes punishment trying to get the takedowns, he just has been able to walk through a lot of it.

If you watch the Diaz 2 or 1 fight, there is a huge difference in McG's striking. In the rematch, he is more economical, the leg kicks were crisp, the timing was bang on, and he floored Diaz 3x in 2 rds. Maia would be shooting for his life before getting hit by that damn left hand of doom/touch of death. I hope Maia strangles TW but, I highly doubt it.

Human backpack.

Cant stand that dude.

Woodley is going to KO him

Vs. Conor who knows. He should win but a lot of guys should have won

Lawler would KO him.

Maia was pulling guard on Silva. Great BJJ. One trick pony. Left hand of doom and he is unconscious trying to arm bar the clouds.
It's kinda ironic to call him a one trick pony considering that Mcgregor is the same only on the opposite end of the spectrum. Not to dicredit Mcgregor's striking but like legit, it's kinda funny.

Maia's trick: world class BJJ

Mcgregor's trick: counter fishing with his left

I'll bet on Maia and his ever expanding arsenal of tried and true submissions

Maia's striking is worse then RR. You need to get your test checked and your vision ASAP.
Lol It's not like he'll be trading blows dude. He's faught high level strikers at heavier divisions and choked them out without trading blows. Maia is heavier and could take him down at will. But hey you believe what you want. Tue fight will never happen anyway. Enjoy the thread and have fun with other peoples opinions

If you watch the Diaz 2 or 1 fight, there is a huge difference in McG's striking. In the rematch, he is more economical, the leg kicks were crisp, the timing was bang on, and he floored Diaz 3x in 2 rds. Maia would be shooting for his life before getting hit by that damn left hand of doom/touch of death. I hope Maia strangles TW but, I highly doubt it.

LMAO at equating Nate's pitiful, and non explosive TDs, which he almost never goes for anyways, to Maia's TDs. Just lmao.

Human backpack.

Cant stand that dude.

Woodley is going to KO him

Vs. Conor who knows. He should win but a lot of guys should have won

Lawler would KO him.

Woodley's gonna KO him, because he can defend the TDs, and actually has a super strong and explosive grappler/wrestler's chance of not getting dominated and subbed on the ground. Conor has none of those luxuries. It's such an easy win for Maia, I can't believe a reasonable MMA fan would actually give Conor a chance.

God, I hate Eddie and his overrated ass making Conor fanboys think he's a god now. Have ya'll seen Eddie's last fight with Dustin??? That's who Conor beat to get his 2nd belt.

Woodley's gonna KO him, because he can defend the TDs, and actually has a super strong and explosive grappler/wrestler's chance of not getting dominated and subbed on the ground. Conor has none of those luxuries. It's such an easy win for Maia, I can't believe a reasonable MMA fan would actually give Conor a chance.

God, I hate Eddie and his overrated ass making Conor fanboys think he's a god now. Have ya'll seen Eddie's last fight with Dustin??? That's who Conor beat to get his 2nd belt.

I dont think hes God. WTF are you going on about.

I dont think hes God. WTF are you going on about.

I wasn't referring to you. I quoted your post to address the Woodley thing, but then went off on a separate rant about Conor fanboys.

Maia is theoretically the bigger version of Khabib, and just an automatic loss for Conor. It's a fight that's not worth talking about, because the UFC and Conor would NEVER sign off on this fight.
He's nothing like Khabib.

He's nothing like Khabib.

On what planet is Maia nothing like Khabib? They both have a substantial grappling advantage over him, and would more than likely use a grappling heavy strategy against Conor, except Maia is the larger of the 2.

How does your brain not get this?

I sure hope a former middleweight would strangle the former featherweight champion.

Back