Maia vs. Macgregor

hugovela

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
The type of fights Mctapper won't ever sign...his legacy is so paper thin, casuals oriented..

Supa best quality thread.

Maia chokes the Lucky Charms out of him within seconds.

Depends on how Maia reacts to getting hit with that left hand. If he walks through it, Conor gets that wet blanket treatment.

I could also see Conor try another heavy leg kick attack like he did on Diaz. Masvidal was lethal with those kicks on Saturday and Maia was doing nothing about it. Masvidal has more snap to his kicks, while Conor's kicks are predictable.

Maia Frankie or khabib all take him down and break his spirit

Maia is theoretically the bigger version of Khabib, and just an automatic loss for Conor. It's a fight that's not worth talking about, because the UFC and Conor would NEVER sign off on this fight.

Maia Frankie or khabib all take him down and break his spirit

One of those is 170 with no draw power

One of those is a 145er, Conor doesn't hold the belt at that weight anymore

And the other one is a guy who has missed 155 twice

Depends on how Maia reacts to getting hit with that left hand. If he walks through it, Conor gets that wet blanket treatment.

I could also see Conor try another heavy leg kick attack like he did on Diaz. Masvidal was lethal with those kicks on Saturday and Maia was doing nothing about it. Masvidal has more snap to his kicks, while Conor's kicks are predictable.
Not really. Maia fought most of his career at MW, Conor is a LW. You saw how Maia was able to get Masvidal down? who has great wrestling, trains at ATT, is much bigger than Conor, and he couldn't stop the takedown and back take. Maia is just too big. He'd prob outweigh Conor by 25 - 30 pounds in the cage. Would look like Maia/Condit. Not even close.

This ↓↓↓

snake2.gif

Not really. Maia fought most of his career at MW, Conor is a LW. You saw how Maia was able to get Masvidal down? who has great wrestling, trains at ATT, is much bigger than Conor, and he couldn't stop the takedown and back take. Maia is just too big. He'd prob outweigh Conor by 25 - 30 pounds in the cage. Would look like Maia/Condit. Not even close.
Every fight starts on the feet. I'm not a McGregor fan, but as long as the fight starts on the feet, he has a chance to end it. No doubt Maia can get the takedown and win the grappling exchanges, but I never count out that left hand. Maia takes punishment trying to get the takedowns, he just has been able to walk through a lot of it.

Every fight starts on the feet. I'm not a McGregor fan, but as long as the fight starts on the feet, he has a chance to end it. No doubt Maia can get the takedown and win the grappling exchanges, but I never count out that left hand. Maia takes punishment trying to get the takedowns, he just has been able to walk through a lot of it.

prior to his last fight, dude took 13 strikes in 4 fights, so no he doesnt normally take much damage.

maia would be easily favoured, but this is mma and anything can happen. I believe Conor has the timing, precision and power to put anyone 170 and below away. Would favour Maia -230 though

Will never happen. Maia is not a draw and he is dangerous.

yea, but Maia as a MW fought against guys who hit harder than a FW/LW. Conor's left hand is FW bomb, even at LW it's really hard. But Eddie took several clean ones, and got back up. The left hand doesn't translate up to a guy who's a natural MW, IMO. The idea that Conor's left hand is a one punch KO up 2 weight classes to me is promotion and fantasy. MAia walked through Jorge but you think he gets KO'd by Conor. I don't buy it. I'm not sure that left hand KO's top guys at LW, let alone a natural MW at WW.
Certainly most guys at WW, IMHO would walk through that left hand. Lawler, Condit, Maia. Maybe a flash knockdown, but not fight ending. Course we cant know because Conor's only fought once at LW, but come on. Conor vs Maia is over with Conor choked out in 1 round, easy.

Back