Magny fight should have been stopped due to kicks?

I don't understand how you get to this level without learning to check leg kicks, like dude just lift your leg up its that simple.

You risk being stuck there with one leg in the air ready to get punched in the face or taken down.

You risk being stuck there with one leg in the air ready to get punched in the face or taken down.
you can have your guard up as you check the kicks, and he didn't check the kicks and still got punched in the face quite a bit. Also in that particular fight the best thing that could have happened to magny would've been for the fight to go to the ground , but ponzi didn't want non of the jitsu smoke.

Some people just try to eat leg kicks and counter. Sometimes it works. Look at Gaethje vs Porier and Gaethje vs. Eddie. He lit them both up with brutal leg kicks, and their strategy was just eat them and counter with big punches. It's a dangerous strategy, but it worked for both of them against a very brutal leg kicker. Rampage has built his career trying to walk through leg kicks and land his overhand counter.

Tree fiddy-0-0
here listen to an expert say it

"Lift ye leg at 90° "
Is that complicated to you? Butthurt magny nuthuggers , don't get mad at the truth. It IS VERY SIMPLE TO CHECK A LEG KICK.

<WellThere>Now that the secret is out leg kicks will become obsolete.

Next up, how to defend GnP? Don't get taken down.

Some people just try to eat leg kicks and counter. Sometimes it works. Look at Gaethje vs Porier and Gaethje vs. Eddie. He lit them both up with brutal leg kicks, and their strategy was just eat them and counter with big punches. It's a dangerous strategy, but it worked for both of them against a very brutal leg kicker. Rampage has built his career trying to walk through leg kicks and land his overhand counter.
Lawler vs manhoef

I believe some Sherbros on here have a way of finding reports from medical exams of fighters post fight.

Ail you goofs should realise ponzi was winging missiles. Lifting ones leg at any feint or possible low kick would limit ones ability to avoid getting ones head caved in...

magny looked like shit from 30 seconds in when he started wearing his hand over his eye as an eye patch. i went to bed immediately after the first round assuming he lost.

Not making excuses for Magny, but I think that he didn't look anywhere near 100% for this fight.

Do the new rules allow corners to throw in the towel during the round or are they still only allowed to stop the fight between rounds?

IDK. To be honest I never knew there was a rule like that. I assumed it was like in boxing where the towel can just come in signifying that.

Sure, lifting your leg is easy, but lifting your leg before a quick leg kick while you’re thinking of many other things during an MMA fight is not that “easy.”

I dont need to train mui Thai to know lifting my leg is easy

It all must look so effortless to you. Wow.

I mean by that logic, I've seen snipers point their rifle at a target 1000m away and hit black, so I guess it really is just that easy. Fuck ballistics, range, windage, breathing, and all the other skills needed. Just point and shoot.

It all must look so effortless to you. Wow.

I mean by that logic, I've seen snipers point their rifle at a target 1000m away and hit black, so I guess it really is just that easy. Fuck ballistics, range, windage, breathing, and all the other skills needed. Just point and shoot.
Right, because hitting bull's eye with a sniper 1000m away is like lifting your leg.

Tree fiddy-0-0
here listen to an expert say it

"Lift ye leg at 90° "
Is that complicated to you? Butthurt magny nuthuggers , don't get mad at the truth. It IS VERY SIMPLE TO CHECK A LEG KICK.

HAHaha I used to know this guy maybe 15 years ago. He is proper older hooligan when I was a young lad. There used to be a big guy that broke our friend's rib on purpose when we were new and this dude/fighter joined the class just to fuck him up for us. He must be close to 50 now since I am old now.

Right, because hitting bull's eye with a sniper 1000m away is like lifting your leg.
No! That's not at all what I said. I'm mocking your logic that you don't need to train to know how difficult (or easy) it is to do something that requires skillz.

Yup, you start a thread about stopping a fight over fucking leg kicks and i'm the one who needs a safe space. Pathetic.

I'm not the one getting emotional. I seriously think you need a loving mother in your life LOL.

It's a sport, so if you caused so much damage to your opponent that he can't even stand properly, you deserve to get the W in my opinion. There's not much entertainment in seeing somone flop on their butt constantly for 2 rounds anyway. I was yawning for most of the fight. Fights have been stopped because of this in the past, Barboza finished a guy with leg kicks for example.

Last edited:
I feel this fight showed the blueprint on how to beat Jon Jones and break his little twig calves as long as the low kicks are well set up

With Jones' length and wrestling, it's not going to work. Unless you can find a 205 lbs Jose Aldo in his prime somewhere.

Back