Movies MADAME WEB (Dragonlord's Review; Bombs with $25.8M in First 6 Days)

If you have seen MADAME WEB, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
RAUvAlmQ_o.jpg

shes going to make me watch a Marvel me movie.. I hate her
Fapped!

Didn't she fire her agent over this movie?

I think it was Sydney Sweeney that fired their agent because they thought this movie was in the MCU.

It was Dakota Johnson:

Up first is “Madame Web” on Valentine’s Day. Set in 2003, the film stars Dakota Johnson as Cassandra, a clairvoyant who must lead three teenage girls discovering their own supernatural abilities. The cast also boasts rising stars like Sydney Sweeney. But Johnson’s conspicuous jump from WME to CAA in November — just days after a baffling first trailer debuted — raised industry eyebrows, along with a razz in her recent “SNL” monologue describing the film as “like if AI generated your boyfriend’s perfect movie.” Plus, Cassandra Webb’s interdimensional powers suggest the film could plant seeds for future adaptations.

I mean they wrote him to be cucked by Wolverine from the beginning. The entire audience wanted Wolverine to get with Jean Grey. They literally wrote him to be an uptight nerd with no depth and uninteresting powers.

Halle Berry - I don't even want her playing Storm at all. She doesn't fit. Way too meek and no screen presence.

I want a bad ass Storm. Perhaps an actress like Naomie Harris.

The biggest problem for Marsden was they gave him a worse role in each film. First movie, Cyclops has a halfway decent role even if Jackman is clearly the star. Second movie, he gets written out for a big chunk and turned into a mind-controlled foil for Grey. Third film, he is in all of ten minutes before getting murked offscreen perhaps cause he chose to be in Superman Returns.

He was really well cast but the movies did not utilize him ideally.

If I still smoked weed, I would watch this day one digital to get a few laughs. I don't. Even if all four chicks showed them yams, I still wouldn't watch.

Does Sydney Sweeney have lazy eye or something? I mean she’s got an absolutely banging body, but there’s something with her face, her left eye’s almost got kind of a Forest Whitaker type thing going on.

They’re not even properly employed as eye candy because they took the hottest one (Sweeney) and cast her as the least sexualized, most buttoned up of the three.

And if Anyone But You (where Sweeney is one of the producers mind you) proved anything is that she absolutely does not mind putting the goods on display if it will put butts on seats. So it wasn’t at her insistence.
The-Best-Looks-at-the-Madame-Web-Premiere-0.jpg

Yeah, we are at this weird point were superhero movies won't put their female leads in revealing customes so as not to seem sexist... but the actresses will absolutely dress up sexily for premieres to draw attention... if it was the other way round, I'd at least have ONE reason to get tickets for something like this.

The-Best-Looks-at-the-Madame-Web-Premiere-0.jpg

Yeah, we are at this weird point were superhero movies won't put their female leads in revealing customes so as not to seem sexist... but the actresses will absolutely dress up sexily for premieres to draw attention... if it was the other way round, I'd at least have ONE reason to get tickets for something like this.
<{RoseRun}> women dont want to be sexualized but women want to feel and look sexy

I think it was Sydney Sweeney that fired their agent because they thought this movie was in the MCU.
That was dakota Johnson which makes this more hilarious that a lead actress would fire her agent very publicly during a press tour

Who are these movies for? It seems like dude comic book fans hate it and then most women would just rather see a drama or romance flick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vividwith33
Back