News Mackenzie Dern (ranked 7) vs Angela Hill (ranked 13) Strawweight Fight May 20

Who wins?

• Total voters
You have no clue what you are talking about. Hill has excellent striking. Incredible to be honest. She just has no power and holes in other parts of her game. You responded to a guy who has not a clue and spread more not a clue around the room. Stay classy sherdog
Hi Angela

Angela Hill is THE worst main eventer in the history of the UFC

Call me crazy but I'm going with Hill. I think she's able to keep it standing as Dern will try to test out her "new improved standup".

29-28 Hill in a somewhat boring fight is my prediction.

What??

She second best volume striker in WMMA

And a Top Ten volume striker in UFC regardless of gender
slap-fight.gif

What point? You stated something obvious then talked about your feelings.

The point is that she doesn't seem to be headlining material.

And this is a thread full of opinions on the internet. Everyone is expressing feelings, even you.

People are more than their records. There is more to her story. She is person who has overcome a lot and deserves the spot she's at

This sounds like CM Punk talk.

And very few fighters have got to where they are without overcoming something, but not all of them are headlining cards.

This sounds like CM Punk talk.

And very few fighters have got to where they are without overcoming something, but not all of them are headlining cards.

Angela Hill is a ranked fighter on streak. Not to mention a 20+ fight UFC veteran who takes a bunch of short notice fights

Angela Hill is ranked fighter on streak. Not to mention a 20+ UFC veteran who takes a bunch of short notice fights

2 fights is barely a streak.

She's 15-13 and has lost to everyone who isn't a nobody.

I love how you just abandoned the 'she's overcome a lot' angle. You're throwing anything at the wall and seeing what sticks.

She was a jouneywoman in her prime and now she looks every bit of 38. Retirement is coming very soon.

She has an ugly style and a shit record. Stats don't make main events.
Hill has been awarded 3 Fight Of The Night bonuses by the UFC.
Dern has been awarded 1 Fight Of The Night and 3 Performance Of The Night bonuses.

Dern has the most submission wins in the strawweight class.

Hill is tied with Jedrejczyk for the most significant strikes landed in the strawweight class. And unless the fight ends quickly, only Max Holloway will have more significant strikes landed than Hill for all of the UFC.

Those kind of stats can signify a very entertaining main event.

http://statleaders.ufc.com/?fighter_status=0

Hill has been awarded 3 Fight Of The Night bonuses by the UFC.
Dern has been awarded 1 Fight Of The Night and 3 Performance Of The Night bonuses.

Dern has the most submission wins in the strawweight class.

Hill is tied with Jedrejczyk for the most significant strikes landed in the strawweight class. And unless the fight ends quickly, only Max Holloway will have more significant strikes landed than Hill for all of the UFC.

Those kind of stats can signify a very entertaining main event.

http://statleaders.ufc.com/?fighter_status=0

Dana's cash awards don't mean anything to me. A boring fighter is a boring fighter.

Back