Machida was better than Anderson?

Franklin was asked about how a fight between these two in an interview after having fought them both and he basically said it would be a boring fight since both look to counter. I tend to agree.

Franklin was asked about how a fight between these two in an interview after having fought them both and he basically said it would be a boring fight since both look to counter. I tend to agree.
Franklin salty. Lol. I would be too.

No, it was just lacking. Anderson also made them look like bums, it's not mutually exclusive, sometimes both things can be true.
I completely disagree, a weak defense from silva was Maia who fought for titles or was in contention a decade... Marquardt was a legend and knocked out Woodley for the strikeforce belt... Vitor is a legend Chael subbed Shogun with ease...

Both legends, but The Spider towers over any fighter in history not named Jon Jones.

I completely disagree, a weak defense from silva was Maia who fought for titles or was in contention a decade.

And that outclassed long time #2 WW Fitch.
Some will tell you that Maia was a weak contender of a shallow division while Fitch was a great contender of a shark tank

Some will tell you that Maia was a weak contender of a shallow division while Fitch was a great contender of a shark tank
Exactly! The fact Jon Jones dominated that super deep division should teach people things... the guys Silva beat like Vitor Henderson Franklin Maia Marquardt all went on to keep winning and beating great guys after AS beat them but somehow its a weak division

Machida is my favorite fighter of all time but comparing him to Andy is laughable.

Andy had much better grappling and an iron chin in his prime, he also had way more power in his hands.

I’d say machida had better wrestling for sure, he was slick AF with trips and clinch work. Also was better at maintaining a top position and defending td’s. Andy definitely had better subs though.

Eh, I mean Maia was good. But never like “the best contender at MW” at WW he was a force, but he got dominated by weidman, Munoz, and marquart.

No ... he is correct.

LHW was incredible ... then Jones came in ... all the sudden tons of fans claimed Jones was feeding on old vets.

Jones leaved LHW ... all the sudden LHW is awesome again.

Mighty Mouse dominated his division. People say he fighting cans. Mighty Mouse gets traded and Cejudo retires ... all the sudden flyweight is filled with talent.

Dominant fighters make divisions look weak in thr minds of many (not all but many) fans.

Bingo.

Yes. I've always said this.

Eh, I mean Maia was good. But never like “the best contender at MW” at WW he was a force, but he got dominated by weidman, Munoz, and marquart.

He was very good
It seems you missed the point.

Machida was definitely better than anderoid. Lyota could’ve been mw champion but didn’t want to stop his fren from success.

very Daniel cormieresque in you will…

Machida I think was a superior anti grappler, Anderson arguably a better pure striker and maybe just tougher to finish with more comeback ability.

I’m kind of glad it never happened. Would’ve been a boring sparring match. I think they respect each other too much.

Indeed, fan of both fighters but their styles would not gel at all. It would’ve been a 25 min dance with them both waiting for the other to go first! Probably completely uneventful with silva being slightly busier

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Real Deal
Back