Machida vs Brunson, Anderson vs Gastelum

WHY couldnt they put Machida on UFC 217

he is my chinese hero I would have loved to see the GOAT live

WTF... He is brazillian with japanese descent. How is that chinese?

I didn't know Machida was fighting Brunson. I like that match up. Solid guy for Machida to return against, and a great win for Brunson if he can beat Lyoto. Brunson's wild style should play into Machida's deadly counterstrike game pretty well. I just wonder if Machida will have ring rust and underperform. Could be a dangerous fight. Brunson is pretty powerful and explosive. Hopefully Lyoto can pull off another highlight reel KO and get back on track at MW. I don't see him becoming champion, but he could deliver a few more awesome KOs over lower top 10 guys. Hard to favor him vs. guys like Rockhold, Weidman, Romero, and Whitaker though.

"do we need to see Shogun - OSP again?"

Sure. We saw Shogun slip on a logo on the mat, and eat a shot on the ground. It's not like OSP outclassed him and beat the shit out of him. We saw a fluke slip and then him get finished. Sure, run it back.
I hope that's a joke

Machida should be able to beat Brunson however being Gun shy and hesistant or the unknown status of Machidas chin makes this one tough to call. I'm guessing vegas has it as pick em.

Personally, I really hate that UFC trying to use old legends to lose against young guys just to make a name. PRIDE was promoting fighters in a different way, building characters out of them.

A lot are happening. Fingers crossed for the legends :)

Machida vs Brunson - hope Machida wins, so UFC's plan fails
Anderson vs Gastelum - hope Anderson wins, so UFC's plan fails
Hunt vs Lewis - hahaha, Hunt won.
Hunt vs Tybura - hopefully Hunt wins again :)
dos Santos vs Ngannou - don't know here, HW needs fighters
Shogun vs Saint Preux - do we really want to see this again?
Glover - Cirkunov - don't know here, LHW needs fighters

I would prefer to see fights for the fans, such as Anderson vs Shogun, Machida vs Belfort.
And fights for the newcomers, like Gastelum vs Hall, Gastelum vs Brunson etc.
The door swings both ways. A win for either fighter would point them in the right direction.

I actually think Machida will clip Brunson, he is the sort of guy who would eat Brunson up.

Machida for the win!

Back