Machida vs Brunson, Anderson vs Gastelum

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Personally, I really hate that UFC trying to use old legends to lose against young guys just to make a name. PRIDE was promoting fighters in a different way, building characters out of them.

A lot are happening. Fingers crossed for the legends :)

Machida vs Brunson - hope Machida wins, so UFC's plan fails
Anderson vs Gastelum - hope Anderson wins, so UFC's plan fails
Hunt vs Lewis - hahaha, Hunt won.
Hunt vs Tybura - hopefully Hunt wins again :)
dos Santos vs Ngannou - don't know here, HW needs fighters
Shogun vs Saint Preux - do we really want to see this again?
Glover - Cirkunov - don't know here, LHW needs fighters

I would prefer to see fights for the fans, such as Anderson vs Shogun, Machida vs Belfort.
And fights for the newcomers, like Gastelum vs Hall, Gastelum vs Brunson etc.

Says more about the UFC and their "old legends" that still need the fight money.

Very sad to see Anderson having to do this.

"do we need to see Shogun - OSP again?"

Sure. We saw Shogun slip on a logo on the mat, and eat a shot on the ground. It's not like OSP outclassed him and beat the shit out of him. We saw a fluke slip and then him get finished. Sure, run it back.

Says more about the UFC and their "old legends" that still need the fight money.

Silva has a net worth of 20 000 000 $.

Gastelum is getting so many great fights and big names.

Anderson should win this but who knows. If Gastelum lands like he did against Weidman... Silva will probably lose by TKO

How many Pride guys retired after the promotion folded/bought out ?

Yeah that happens but this isn't too bad,all winnable fights and decent match ups.

Personally, I really hate that UFC trying to use old legends to lose against young guys just to make a name. PRIDE was promoting fighters in a different way, building characters out of them.

A lot are happening. Fingers crossed for the legends :)

Machida vs Brunson - hope Machida wins, so UFC's plan fails
Anderson vs Gastelum - hope Anderson wins, so UFC's plan fails
Hunt vs Lewis - hahaha, Hunt won.
Hunt vs Tybura - hopefully Hunt wins again :)
dos Santos vs Ngannou - don't know here, HW needs fighters
Shogun vs Saint Preux - do we really want to see this again?
Glover - Cirkunov - don't know here, LHW needs fighters

I would prefer to see fights for the fans, such as Anderson vs Shogun, Machida vs Belfort.
And fights for the newcomers, like Gastelum vs Hall, Gastelum vs Brunson etc.
Or Belfort vs Shogun

Lol Anderson is doing this because he loves it.

brunson is about to beat the snot out of machida

I am sorry TS, but I just don't see it

Machida vs Brunson - it's a great fight for Machida and a 11-fight-veteran-33-year-old brunson is far from a young guy they would like to promote
Hunt vs Lewis - this fight made a lot of sense at the time
Shogun vs Saint Preux - Shogun asked for the rematch plus wouldn't make much sense to give him a non top 10 guy after 3 wins
Glover - Cirkunov - very winnable fight for Glover and rank wise makes a lot of sense

Last edited:
I don't think they are trying to promote Brunson who has pretty much settled into gatekeeper status, they probably hope Machida can get back on track with a decently ranked name.

Glover vs Mischa makes perfect sense and Glover isn't clearly past it, he just lost to Rumble and Gus.

Same with JDS vs Ngannou although JDS is coming off an ugly loss, he is still young for HW.

Anderson declined multiple opponents, apparently he is ok to fight Gastelum.

"... so UFC plan fails", the UFC has no plan against those legends, they are top fighters so they fight top fighters.
Stop pretending the UFC is some evil monster and Pride was fighter's heaven, you guys are delusional.

Yeah, that's why Pride kept putting Sak up against much bigger, younger guys until he was completely broken. Sak vs. Arona was more inhumane than anything the UFC has done.

Or putting a 45-year old Yoshiaki Yatsu against Gary Goodridge twice. Those were 2 awful beatings that never should've happened.

Or having Fedor (twice) and Cro-Cop (once) fight a 40+ year old, totally one-dimensional Mark Coleman..and pretending they were good matches.

WHY couldnt they put Machida on UFC 217

he is my chinese hero I would have loved to see the GOAT live

Yeah, that's why Pride kept putting Sak up against much bigger, younger guys until he was completely broken. Sak vs. Arona was more inhumane than anything the UFC has done.

Or putting a 45-year old Yoshiaki Yatsu against Gary Goodridge twice. Those were 2 awful beatings that never should've happened.

Or having Fedor (twice) and Cro-Cop (once) fight a 40+ year old, totally one-dimensional Mark Coleman..and pretending they were good matches.
they were superb fights.

i highly doubt the UFC is really thinking "we gotta make Brunson a star so lets sacrifice Machida"

they were superb fights.

Only if you like to see an old fighter receive a one-sided beatdown. You either made a really stupid thread or you just like to contradict yourself.

For the record, I'm not happy with some of the UFC's recent matchmaking (especially Gomi) either, but Pride is a terrible example of doing it the right way.

You can be sure he isn't doing this because he needs money.

Back