Machida in his prime vs current LHW division

Amen. His pre-title opponents were an already past it Tito and (Soku, T.Silva, Nakamura, David Heath, & Sam Hoger)----not one fighter who ever main-evented or got anywhere near a title shot. Silva was a legit solid win, but never amounted to a contender anyway, juice or not.

Rumble has absolutely blitzkrieged Lil Nog, Bader, Glover, Gus, and a clear win over Davis---all title contenders/main eventers, save for Nog who was comi g off a layoff.

It's not blasphemy to say the best version of Chida would be about 4-7 ranked in the division today.

He is no match AT ALL for DC, Rumble, or JBJ.
Soko main evented in KSW. :p And Soko also "absolutely blitzkrieged Lil Nog", so what?
Machida also KOd Rich Franklin but I see you fogot? :p
Whatever, haters gonna hate. :D

Soko main evented in KSW. :p And Soko also "absolutely blitzkrieged Lil Nog", so what?
Machida also KOd Rich Franklin but I see you fogot? :p
Whatever, haters gonna hate. :D

I'm not hating. Again, the best version of Machida is no better than 4-7 ranked today.

At one point in time, no and I mean no one touches Machida. Never lost a single round.

I said MOST. Jones is obviously too much for everyone. DC probably too.

Prime Machida KOed Evans. Machida past his prime still had close fights with Rampage and Davis, KOed Bader and CBD.

Maybe I'm "nuthugging like a retard" but you're hating like a retard as well.

I'm hating? On who? You?

http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/3/Sherdogs-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-119293
Bader is ranked #4 right now.
How did he do vs "past-prime" Machida? KTFO.
And you say the best version is 4-7? Come on.

Again, Lyoto would be ranked 4-7 today. You didn't add anything or refute what I said.

Bader is ranked 4 because Bones is inactive currently.

He isn't beating Rumble, DC, or JBJ...EVER. Struggled with Davis
,Page, and Shogun.

So yeah, #4 at absolute BEST.

And now Chida was past it when he fought Bader?? Jeez, what does it say about it him that he only reached his peak for the Rashad fight, then fell off 5 months later?

4-7. If that's a blasphemous insult to you, so be it.

Last edited:
Again, Lyoto would be ranked 4-7 today. You didn't add anything or refute what I said.

Bader is ranked 4 because Bones is inactive currently.

He isn't beating Rumble, DC, or JBJ...EVER. Struggled with Davis and Page.

So yeah, #4 at absolute BEST.

And now Chida was past it when he fought Bader?? Jeez, what does it say about it him that he only reached his peak for the Rashad fight, then fell off 5 months later?

4-7. If that's a blasphemous insult to you, so be it.
The Bader KO was 3 years after Machida's arguable "Evans prime" (though I think his peak was on T.Silva). So yeah he was defo past the prime vs Bader.

I'm fine with #4 if we include JBJ. I guess we can agree on that. DC and Rumble would be hard to beat, agreed. The rest he'd UD imho.

As to styles making fights, I always thought Chuck at his best could've had the best chance against Bones with his ability to not get held down and his power. Bones isn't much of power puncher, so he wouldn't Shad the iceman.

Chida would've handled Chuck quite easily IMO.

Bones, Rumble, and DC all beat him on any night in his career.
What point of "At one point in time" didn't you catch?

Not to mention during that exact time frame, Rumble was getting destroyed by Koscheck and Belfort cause he doesn't even know what weight class he's in.

DC is basically unheard off during this time. Jones is only an up and comer.

Machida was owning Rashad to become the new champ and an undefeated record.

What point of "At one point in time" didn't you catch?

Not to mention during that exact time frame, Rumble was getting destroyed by Koscheck and Belfort cause he doesn't even know what weight class he's in.

DC is basically unheard off during this time. Jones is only an up and comer.

Machida was owning Rashad to become the new champ and an undefeated record.

Easy tuffy.

Thread title says "current LHWs."

On Machida's best night ever---he loses to all 3.

I don't cate where each was when Machida won the belt.

the LHW division is the weakest I've seen in a long time.

Machida should beat every single person in the top 10, except maybe Jan or Reyes. But even then, Lyoto should win.

fjJnNyO.png

4 year old necro bump, but Ill play. Machida probably blows thru half of the names.

the LHW division is the weakest I've seen in a long time.

Machida should beat every single person in the top 10, except maybe Jan or Reyes. But even then, Lyoto should win.

fjJnNyO.png
Jan, Santos, Reyes, Rakic, Jiri, Oezdemir all beat him.
Glover and maybe Smith beat him. The rest he likely beats.

LHWs are drastically bigger today, people forget the LHWs of Machidas era were on average 6'1"ish, today the top guys are all like 6'4" and cuts tons of weight.

Back