Machida in his prime vs current LHW division

Prime Machida would beat all of them. The Machida that was hungry for the best than fought evans would have owned DC. I am willing to bet. Now.. DC is pretty much the top guy. Good for him.

Prime Machida would beat all of them. The Machida that was hungry for the best than fought evans would have owned DC. I am willing to bet. Now.. DC is pretty much the top guy. Good for him.

He wasn't hungry in his first defense 5 months later?

Lyoto and DC beat essentially the same version of Hendo. chida by split dec. and DC bodyslammed him...bodyslammed.

And yea...the Bones fights.

You know that Wikibaby must be real good at bullshitting on his resume ahahaha
I'm a corporate slave. Creative resumes are my bread and butter. :p

<{monica}><WellThere>

It's body-shaming lol. DC made 2 olympic freestyle teams. Nobody is gonna outquick him. Would look exactly like Romero.

You don't automatically need to be that quick on your feet in wrestling though, I wouldn't call him slow but neither is he as fast as Machida was.

How do you think he would beat Gustafsson? Gus has 7 inch reach advantage over him and a big size advantage.

Most of those come down to his TDD, as DC/Rumble/Glover have an advantage on top, Lyoto would have trouble escaping. Standing up Lyoto's style gives almost anyone problems, but he's not good from up close and of course Rumble's a handful when he gets close. Would be some good fights but I think Jones/DC/Rumble beat him (or do it again...though Jones did have problems with Lyoto because his style is distance striking, and that won't change), while I'd be most interested in the Gus match-up. It would probably still be good.

Young Machida decisioned a huge HW Sam Greco.

Wow, ok. He split decisioned an old past his prime kickboxer with 2 MMA fight experience. Sorry, but that is just a horrible argument for saying Machida would beat Gustafsson.

Wow, ok. He split decisioned an old past his prime kickboxer with 2 MMA fight experience. Sorry, but that is just a horrible argument for saying Machida would beat Gustafsson.
Hey, a nuthugger gonna hug nuts, aye? ;)

I still think pre-Evans Machida decisions most LHWs but it's all dead and gone anyway, he's almost 40 now and sadly his competitive days are over. Had an amazing run way up to the belt tho, can't deny that!

Hey, a nuthugger gonna hug nuts, aye? ;)

I still think pre-Evans Machida decisions most LHWs but it's all dead and gone anyway, he's almost 40 now and sadly his competitive days are over. Had an amazing run way up to the belt tho, can't deny that!

Yeah, it was a coincidence that his skills went down hill exactly as soon as he fought better fighters. The machida that fought hogar would destroy jones in ten seconds! Machida era never die! Nuthugging like a retard over facts!

Yeah, it was a coincidence that his skills went down hill exactly as soon as he fought better fighters. The machida that fought hogar would destroy jones in ten seconds! Machida era never die! Nuthugging like a retard over facts!

Amen. His pre-title opponents were an already past it Tito and (Soku, T.Silva, Nakamura, David Heath, & Sam Hoger)----not one fighter who ever main-evented or got anywhere near a title shot. Silva was a legit solid win, but never amounted to a contender anyway, juice or not.

Rumble has absolutely blitzkrieged Lil Nog, Bader, Glover, Gus, and a clear win over Davis---all title contenders/main eventers, save for Nog who was comi g off a layoff.

It's not blasphemy to say the best version of Chida would be about 4-7 ranked in the division today.

He is no match AT ALL for DC, Rumble, or JBJ.

I said MOST. Jones is obviously too much for everyone. DC probably too.

Prime Machida KOed Evans. Machida past his prime still had close fights with Rampage and Davis, KOed Bader and CBD.

Maybe I'm "nuthugging like a retard" but you're hating like a retard as well.

Back