Machida in his prime vs current LHW division

Prime Machida vs Rumble or Gus would be super interesting imo.

Machida would pick apart Glover but Cormier would rag doll him in his prime or not.

No way in hell Machida would beat Daniel Cormier.

Prime Machida, current Machida. Lyoto Machida. Chinzo Machida. DC beats all Machidas.
not the original recipe papa Machida
Master-MAchida.jpg

Prime Machida lost to Shogun twice and struggled with Rampage.

He would be top 10 but even Manuwas would give him problems.

Prime Machida lost to Shogun twice and struggled with Rampage.

He would be top 10 but even Manuwas would give him problems.

Machida was hot and cold; and I still believe a prime Machida could take out Rampage and Shogun. His fights vs both of them were just weird. For sure he could of done a lot better.

I'd favor Machida over all those guys.

Rumble won't be able to connect with shit. Machida was an actual master striker.

DC won't be able to chase him down.

Gus is just not on that level.

Manuwa - see Rumble.

TL DR - Machida would out run and out point all those dudes.

I think the Rashad win destroyed Machida. Nothing fucks up a fighters career like confidence.

Same shit happened to Fedor after Sylvia.

tenor.gif

Same guy who got KO'd by Shogun would not get caught by Rumble ?

I think he'd beat Gustafson, DC would be interesting but I think DC would have trouble getting a hold of Machida and could see him getting frustrated later in the fight. Don't see Machida finishing DC, but I think he'd take a close decision. Rumble.. I think he clips Machida at some point in the fight and finishes him, especially if Shogun could because I firmly believe Rumble in his form right now is the most dangerous striker LHW has ever seen. Fast, Knockout power and very accurate, don't think any lhw today or yesteryears "prime" athletes like Shogun could stand and bang with rumble and not get KO'd. I don't think I've seen rumble even really get rocked let alone dropped his whole career.

Rumble probably catches Machida with something eventually.

The rest The Ultimate Cheedah has this on the bag. Prime Machida was the riddle of his time, so people didn't have the blue print that Shogun gave.

Rumble probably catches Machida with something eventually.

The rest The Ultimate Cheedah has this on the bag. Prime Machida was the riddle of his time, so people didn't have the blue print that Shogun gave.

That's the second time someone has claimed this. Several people have beaten machida in several different ways.
For example, how did Jones do anything at all like shogun when he killed machida? Where was the blue print?

"Prime" Machida had trouble with a worn out Rampage. He loses to all of them.

He'd have good chances against Manuwa, Glover and Rumble. Less so Rumble than Glover and Manuwa, largely just cuz' of his power and reach, but still, a good chance. Counter-strikers with good movement always have good chances against aggressive power strikers, especially if they have somewhat-limited striking like Glover. Machida got his title shot off of people like that (including guys with better striking than Glover, like Thiago Silva), and he did it against a great striker like Gegard Mousasi, too.
Gustafsson's height makes him a little more difficult. People have been underrating Gustafsson since he struggled with Blachowicz for some reason, though; it's like people thought Jan was a bad fighter so Gustafsson not finishing him is horrible, but he's not and it's not.
Because of his height and his long legs, and because Gus knows how to distance himself against shorter fighters, it'd be a little harder to get a lot going for Machida. Circling counter-strikers have a historical tendency to struggle against taller fighters that know distance.
Cormier's wrasslin' gives him a big advantage, so he'd have a lower chance against him than any of the others, but it's not like Machida's an easy guy to take down. His movement and Karaté- and Jūdo balance made him very tough to get a deep shoot against and to get a good grip in a clinch. He'd have a better chance than people give him credit for because of that.

Nothing fucks up a fighters career like confidence.

I know. Just look at Mcgregor's career.
It's sport's psychology 101. Confidence is athletic cancer.

Machida was a lot better than he is nowadays. He was quicker, stronger and was tactically more aggressive. but I can see DC having the sort of fight like Romero did with Machida.

DC is just too big and strong for him. He has proven to be effective even in championship rounds so he will eventually do big damage to Machida. Rumble could be outpointed, if Machida can frustrate the heartless Johnson he takes over later in the fight. I could see Machida beating Gus and the others, but I don't know how Gus' style matches up with prime Machida.

Jones, Gustafsson, DC and Johnson wreck Machida in his prime.

I'd give him a shot at Glover, maybe Manuwa.

Back