M. Night Shyamalan's GLASS (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen GLASS, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I'm pretty baked right now and my thoughts are this. M Night has a chance to make certain older movies of his better going forward. Something as simple as Willis character thinking hes won at the end of Glass by capturing SLJ, only to find out Mr Glass being as smart as he is, found a way to release something in the air that makes plants release a psychoactive toxin thats highly contagious amongst other plants. Make it an end credit scene to give a nod to a movie people wondered why the fuck plants would attack. Going off of the trailer, the general public seem to be in denial that people with "gifts" can exist. Because of that they can show every movie as an isolated incident from a "survivors" point of view, which would explain why these people with "gifts" arent known across movies. Lady in the Water an ally. Beast from Villiage was Horde hiding out and living in that area after fleeing in Split. Beast suit being the beast with its backstory, was a twist all along to ease the minds of curious villiagers from the truth that a beast was eating people, preventing scared villiagers from leaving, and exposing the truth from the movie. Dunn could have defeated mother alien in another movie overcoming his own fear of water and using it as a weapon, but we got Gibsons family point of view.

Airbender an ally just because and jayden has hero blood in his ancestry on Mothers side (making her death mean more in that movie) and still carries key in DNA to save humanity lol pay me!

Last edited:
Pumped for this. Guess it's time to finally see Split.

Dammit, the trailer showed too much.

Are you saying failing to attain Spielberg status is falling from grace? Or are you saying that going from a guy who was being hailed as the next Spielberg to a guy who made some great movies and some bad ones is a fall from grace? Because I still disagree with both. Granted, you original point about him is pretty much correct aside from that one exaggeration.
After The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and Signs, all critically acclaimed movies, he was seen as a legit A+ director, and was hyped as such.

Then he made a series of *really* bad movies, and nobody expected him to come back. That was the fall from grace. He's slowly come back, since The Visit.

Update: July 20, 2018

First Official Trailer for M. Night Shyamalan's Unbreakable and Split Sequel GLASS

M. Night Shyamalan brings together the narratives of two of his standout originals—2000’s Unbreakable, from Touchstone, and 2016’s Split, from Universal—in one explosive, all-new comic-book thriller: Glass. From Unbreakable, Bruce Willis returns as David Dunn as does Samuel L. Jackson as Elijah Price, known also by his pseudonym Mr. Glass. Joining from Split are James McAvoy, reprising his role as Kevin Wendell Crumb and the multiple identities who reside within, and Anya Taylor-Joy as Casey Cooke, the only captive to survive an encounter with The Beast.

Following the conclusion of Split, Glass finds Dunn pursuing Crumb’s superhuman figure of The Beast in a series of escalating encounters, while the shadowy presence of Price emerges as an orchestrator who holds secrets critical to both men. Joining the all-star cast are Unbreakable’s Spencer Treat Clark and Charlayne Woodard, who reprise their roles as Dunn’s son and Price’s mother, as well as Golden Globe Award winner Sarah Paulson (American Horror Story series). Opens January 18, 2019.

This will be merged with the official thread after a while.

Dragon, can you throw up the trailer for The Predator trailer 3? Interested to see this community's reaction to it. I feel like it saves the other 2 trailers.

I would post it but I feel like movie trailers is your territory lol

comic-book-1.jpg

One of my most anticipated movies for 2019, even more than Avengers IW 2. Not sure if M. Night envisioned David Dunn vs Beast back in 2000, but the above comic was nice foreshadowing.

No chance in hell I’m watching even a frame of any previews for this, but you bet your ass I will be there first show, first day

I’m more excited for this than for the birth of teh baby Jesus, ice cream, or blowjobs

<DCWhoa><Aug3><{danawhoah}>

Even Ice cream blowjobs?
<Kpop775>

Looks sooo good. Out of all the trailers that dropped within the past week, this one is the one I'm most excited about.

It was crazy how natural he was at switching from one person to the next.

Totally. The guy is incredible imo.

looks good, wonder if the chick will be a superhero

I thoroughly enjoyed Split, and I'd put that towards the top of my list for favorite movies of 2016, behind the Nice Guys. I liked Unbreakable enough as well, so I'm really looking forward to this. I'm just concerned about Shaymalan's ability to consistently produce quality movies.
This movie seems like it's going to be his most actiony movie since After Earth, so I excited but also skeptical.

Something I've been considering.

In Unbreakable, the reason Price sought out and found Dunn was the fact his genius IQ was absolutely convinced (to the point of obsession) that there had to exist an opposite to his condition... An "unbreakable" to his "glass".

I wonder if there will be an opposite to Crumb's "split", and what that could even be.

I'm looking forward to the movie...
I like most of his films. But am I the only one who thinks this trailer seems choppy and muddled?

Seriously I had originally expected DCEU to have this kind of tone, visual, filmography ect

Update: October 11, 2018

2nd Trailer for M. Night Shyamalan's Unbreakable-Split Sequel GLASS

Back