Media Luke Thomas slays "ONE FC solved weight cutting" shills.

As it stands, there is no reviewable evidence that they've made any progress.
He's wrong. The weigh in and hydration results were released to the public for a long period after implementing the new scheme. They are out there on the internet if you care to find them.

I don't know why they stopped though.
I do wish they were more transparent.

However... UFC should look into it, regardless of whether it can be proven to work.
Why should ONE solve all UFCs problems for them?

However... UFC should look into it, regardless of whether it can be proven to work.

Had they cared, they would've looked at it already.

We all know, unfortunately, how little they care about fighters weight, health complications due to cutting, missing weight etc.

Had they cared, they would've looked at it already.

We all know, unfortunately, how little they care about fighters weight, health complications due to cutting, missing weight etc.
They won't change it unless someone dies.

That's what happened in ONE actually.

In UFC it won't change anything. They'll just throw all responsibility on fighter's camp and coaches

That's exactly what prompted ONE to make the change. A 21 year old kid died cutting weight for their show.

It's really a shame UFC doesn't care and is unwilling to change things up.

Who said they aren't?

The lack of transparency from ONE is troubling. Is there a reason why they can't share the info that should've been collected from the fighters like year round weight monitoring with physicians? Don't tell me its because of patient confidentiality. And the weigh ins for ONE aren't open to the press/public to confirm that no bs is going on. Its just one guy alone giving the thumbs up and sometimes the weight isn't even announced.

The lack of transparency from ONE is troubling. Is there a reason why they can't share the info that should've been collected from the fighters like year round weight monitoring with physicians? Don't tell me its because of patient confidentiality. And the weigh ins for ONE aren't open to the press/public to confirm that no bs is going on. Its just one guy alone giving the thumbs up and sometimes the weight isn't even announced.

Check @Katsumi Yamada 's response above

That's exactly what prompted ONE to make the change. A 21 year old kid died cutting weight for their show.

It's really a shame UFC doesn't care and is unwilling to change things up.
Yea I remember that he cut a shit load of weight didn't he?

Fucking sucks man...

two loser replies, two people who didn't even bother to watch the video.
there's an unwritten rule that a video more than 3 min long, you create cliffs (just created this rule, but hey, it makes sense)

there's an unwritten rule that a video more than 3 min long, you create cliffs (just created this rule, but hey, it makes sense)

This is a great video
Stay with it
It gets good

;)

TS actually listened to more than 5 seconds of this douche? <{clintugh}>

Cliffs added to OP.

By the way, no one has argued against Luke’s points yet.

@leto1776
Can you cliff it?
I am not a big Luke fan so 10 minutes is a lot to sit through

thanks buddy
basically he says that ONE could've solved weight cutting, but since they don't release actual data & don't have their weigh ins open to media/public, we can't just trust them and take their word for it

it's a fair argument, to some extent - there's just one thing he's totally wrong, ONE never claimed that they "ended" weight cutting, they were specifically talking about water dehydration (by water loading + forced and induced cut), you can still drop from a weight class to another through dieting changes, something that some fighters did in the past and wouldn't be against ONE's policies at all, different from what he suggests bringing up Garry Tonon who went from LW to FW

I'm not a fan of Luke Thomas but totally agree with him here. Everyone talks up ONE weigh cutting rules but who the heck really knows what is going on.

Referee probably wearing an earpiece too.

Back