Media Luke Thomas slays "ONE FC solved weight cutting" shills.

Not a huge fan normally but he's right on this one. ONE has a variety of policies but everything takes place behind closed doors and you are just taking their word that people made weight or that the rehydration rules were followed.

I have a better idea for solving the weight cutting problem: people shut the fuck up, stop complaining and accept that some fighters will always miss weight because weight cutting is just part of the sport.

Cliffs:
ONE has no oversight body (self regulated) and closed door weigh-ins, no media.
They don’t release weigh-in or the hydration test results
Everyone brings up the Askren appearance on Rogan, but it’s only anecdotal.
Same company brags about their financials, but we know from a recent article that they’re blowing smoke.

And add to this that any idiot can beat a Hydration test. I can be dehydrated as fuck and pass one. easy.

The people who spout the "UFC should do what ONE do" dont actually know what ONE do, they just read somewhere that they do hydration tests and think that solve everything.

ONE is the same place where a girl who walks round at 130lb is fighting at 115 against atomweights..

two loser replies, two people who didn't even bother to watch the video.
I like how people point out things about Luke Thomas that they don't like instead of dealing with the argument.

And add to this that any idiot can beat a Hydration test. I can be dehydrated as fuck and pass one. easy.

The people who spout the "UFC should do what ONE do" dont actually know what ONE do, they just read somewhere that they do hydration tests and think that solve everything.

ONE is the same place where a girl who walks round at 130lb is fighting at 115 against atomweights..

That's precisely what Luke talks about, and men`tioned how often he has to hear it.

@leto1776
Can you cliff it?
I am not a big Luke fan so 10 minutes is a lot to sit through

thanks buddy

Ditto, but a good corrective video. ONE seems to have a series of paid shills operating online, certainly on Twitter (not sure about forums), and these guys would have you believe ONE is bigger than Disney and has solved all physical problems associated with combat sports. It's embarrassing.

Just can't remember when Luke Thomas was right about anything

Does he has some proof of what he's saying?? If not, that's speculation which, i think it's something Thomas is getting very good at.

Cliffs:
Same company brags about their financials, but we know from a recent article that they’re blowing smoke.

Good points

That being said, 10/10 Cuck imo

Does he has some proof of what he's saying?? If not, that's speculation which, i think it's something Thomas is getting very good at.

This guy <PlusJuan> obviously didn't watch the video.

i admittedly know jack shit about ONE, can someone help me on this-why the hell would they not announce weights? is there an obvious reason for that that i am missing?

If you are really dehydrated and chug two to three litres of water what happens?

You absorb about a litre, and you pee out a litre or so almost immediately.

Hydration tests measure the gravity of urine. .at one extreme we have water, at the other extreme dark yellow urine that has been sat in the bladder for hours.

All a hydration test does is measure how long the liquid has been sat in the bladder/organs

If it goes in quick and comes out quick you pass the test.

You could just glug a litre and punch yourself in bladder :)

Tester comes, you don't need to pee, say you've just been.. Chug a couple of litres, of water , gravity test will say you are hydrated

ONE seems to have a series of paid shills operating online, certainly on Twitter (not sure about forums), and these guys would have you believe ONE is bigger than Disney and has solved all physical problems associated with combat sports. It's embarrassing.

That is so silly (if true)
I get people paying for social media marketing in 2018, but paying to argue with people on the net is counter-productive these days.

Cliffs:

Actually this was pretty interesting
Thanks for the share & adding the cliffs

basically he says that ONE could've solved weight cutting, but since they don't release actual data & don't have their weigh ins open to media/public, we can't just trust them and take their word for it

it's a fair argument, to some extent - there's just one thing he's totally wrong, ONE never claimed that they "ended" weight cutting, they were specifically talking about water dehydration (by water loading + forced and induced cut), you can still drop from a weight class to another through dieting changes, something that some fighters did in the past and wouldn't be against ONE's policies at all, different from what he suggests bringing up Garry Tonon who went from LW to FW

I just heard it
I don't think he claimed that ONE made the claims, but that people on Twitter keep telling Luke that ONE figured it out so UFC should.
He said there is no proof to that.

I like how people point out things about Luke Thomas that they don't like instead of dealing with the argument.

I don't like ad hominems but I make an exception for Luke Thomas.

Back