Luke Thomas Doesn't Like the Stipulations Exerted on Till for Missing Weight

“I ain’t no welterweight,” he continued. “I’m a light heavyweight in the welterweight division. It should be illegal, what I’m doing. The UFC should ban it but they can’t because I do it naturally and I do it professionally, and no one can do a fucking thing about it.”

Probably because Luke sounds like a hypocrite? He's ok with steroid use in mma, but hates squash matches and same day weigh ins. But he's ok with a guy who basically cheated getting rewarded so he can knock out the smaller man?

Does that sound right to you?
Even if Luke praised Hitler in the past, that doesn't change the fact that nothing he tweeted was wrong or false.
Replace Luke with Ariel and re-read the tweet.

Even if Luke praised Hitler in the past, that doesn't change the fact that nothing he tweeted was wrong or false.
Replace Luke with Ariel and re-read the tweet.

Ariel is even worse. And Luke is a hypcorite.

Well, Till is allowed to rehydrate 18 lbs by 1 o'clock tomorrow, which puts him nicely in your stipulated range - and he even has more time to rehydrate even more after that.

What you're forgeting is that these fighters are cutting that amount of weight from their morning weight, before any liquid or food intake. After food/liquid intake, as humans, we're like 3-5lbs bigger. So Darren Till will probably weigh like 195lbs or so & then they're asking him to cut 7ish lbs on fight day, that's not good for his health my man.

Luke thomas dosnt like anything unless hes defending it

Everyone at MMAfighting is better than Luke Thomas.

Even the little Colombian kid who can barely string a sentence together and has no opinions of his own.

Ha ha, you notice that too? He usually begins every take by repeating what someone else just said.

Fair point by Luke Thomas

Preventing a fighter who cut weight from properly rehydrating, is essentially not allowing an extremely thirsty person to drink water.

Yes, form a professional standpoint Till fucked up... but from a personal standpoint, that's a health hazard for anybody.

Fair point by Luke Thomas

Preventing a fighter who cut weight from properly rehydrating, is essentially not allowing an extremely thirsty person to drink water.

Yes, form a professional standpoint Till fucked up... but from a personal standpoint, that's a health hazard for anybody.

All he had to do was make weight. He brought it upon himself

All he had to do was make weight. He brought it upon himself

Yeah this is a 170 pound fight, yet poor Darren can’t maintain a 187 pound morning weight? He can simply drink energy drinks and perform a weight cut to 187 the morning of.

1 point deduction. And if you weigh in over, you have to weigh in Under by the same amount next fight.

Personally I think hydration tests should be included which would stop the problem at its source rather than dealing with the problem once they arise.

1 point deduction and 10 pounds advantage in fight day, it doesnt seem very fair for the guy who made weight

They did the same thing when rumble missed weight to fight vitor
Do they do it with all fighters who grossly miss weight?

Was Dern required to cone in at 130lb, maximum? Because she was only 8lb away from that after cutting all the weight she could (allegedly).

It's pretty stupid if it is one rule for some fighters and another rule for others.

Saying that, Till looks like an idiot because he would always boast how he's a LHW who cuts to WW, and he always made weight easily. He rekons he never even used a sauna or hot baths in the past...seems like BS now.

Tough luck, play by the rules or suffer the consequences.

Alternates on standby for Main and co-mains? Why not? They ran through so many fighters for Khabib's title shot.

I just want solid scraps but the ruleset must apply to both fighters equally. Open weight is one thing and can be fun but that is not what we have today. Divisions are there for a reason and further mudding the Rankings, Titles, etc., detracts from the spectacle.

How many fighters would do that and how would it work?
Imagine going through a training camp and not knowing who of the 2 you are going to fight or if you are even going to fight.
What would motivate a fighter?
UFC would have to pay them a full fight purse for this at least. Maybe paying up to 100K to have a fighter stand by in case a fighter does not do his freaking job.

In theory a good idea but I think in reality it might be harder?

Maybe UFC should start forcing fighters up in weight.
One chance and if you do it again its a fight in a higher weight class.

So UFC and Wonderboy are the bad guys, not Till?

How many fighters would do that and how would it work?
Imagine going through a training camp and not knowing who of the 2 you are going to fight or if you are even going to fight.
What would motivate a fighter?
UFC would have to pay them a full fight purse for this at least. Maybe paying up to 100K to have a fighter stand by in case a fighter does not do his freaking job.

In theory a good idea but I think in reality it might be harder?

Maybe UFC should start forcing fighters up in weight.
One chance and if you do it again its a fight in a higher weight class.

In theory it sounds good, but not really feasible

In theory it sounds good, but not really feasible

The only way I can see it is they call a few fighters that are in shape or training for a fight and ask them to take the fight. Kinda like they did with Kabob.

But guys like Till and Dern should be forced up a weight class. Maybe that would motivate them to make weight.

Back