Luke Thomas Doesn't Like the Stipulations Exerted on Till for Missing Weight

"That's on everyone."

No. No, it's not. People's actions are on themselves. I'm not responsible for him cutting 40 lbs like a bitch. He is.

So UFC and Wonderboy are the bad guys, not Till?

Most of the replies and comments have been reasonable, there are a few that think a miscarriage of justice has been inflicted to Till

I like Ariel and Thomas.

Theyre both just hardcore fans that lucked their way into mma reporting. Respect the hustle dont hate losers.

How many fighters would do that and how would it work?
Imagine going through a training camp and not knowing who of the 2 you are going to fight or if you are even going to fight.
What would motivate a fighter?
UFC would have to pay them a full fight purse for this at least. Maybe paying up to 100K to have a fighter stand by in case a fighter does not do his freaking job.

In theory a good idea but I think in reality it might be harder?

Maybe UFC should start forcing fighters up in weight.
One chance and if you do it again its a fight in a higher weight class.

To make an actual structure out of it would probably be next to impossible. They could pay fighters to be camp ready, and thus alleviate some of the need for side jobs. They would always have a pool to draw from then. If you not prepping for your own bout stay ready x months of the year. Honestly volunteers seems to work ok too, since supposedly so many are ready to step up.

Weight cutting should be for evening out minor differences, not creating the debacles we see today. It taints the sport greatly in my eyes.

This Luke Thomas asshole just takes the contrarian position on everything.
  • Everyone mad at fighter for missing weight, what’s the big deal?
  • Everyone mad at steroid cheats, what’s next, are you going to ban Tylenol?
He’s like if Robin Black got pumped with testosterone, became less of a petty bitch, and embraced his inner troll

Last night Luke's wife told me that she's really worried about him.

Hope he's okay

To make an actual structure out of it would probably be next to impossible. They could pay fighters to be camp ready, and thus alleviate some of the need for side jobs. They would always have a pool to draw from then. If you not prepping for your own bout stay ready x months of the year. Honestly volunteers seems to work ok too, since supposedly so many are ready to step up.

Weight cutting should be for evening out minor differences, not creating the debacles we see today. It taints the sport greatly in my eyes.

Honestly, I cant really argue this because I have no idea how to do it.
But I can see that there are no really good way to do it.
The best way is to make fighters actually make weight.
I think staying ready, is hard. Motivation.. Will I fight or wont I? Its taxing on the mind.
Ranked fighter are not going to do it. Losing a fight like this might impact your ranking and potential earnings / title fight.

Also to me it kinda feels like, I am hiring a contractor but I will pay a few others on the side to be ready in case my main contractor wont do the job.
I feel that making weight is 100% on the fighter and his team. UFC should not have to pay others to be ready.

I mean look at Till bragging about being a LHW, calling out a HW boxer.

But again, I cant really argue. I have no solution how to fix it.

What you're forgeting is that these fighters are cutting that amount of weight from their morning weight, before any liquid or food intake. After food/liquid intake, as humans, we're like 3-5lbs bigger. So Darren Till will probably weigh like 195lbs or so & then they're asking him to cut 7ish lbs on fight day, that's not good for his health my man.

Well, if you weight 195 (or even 205 like Till says he does), you shouldn't be fighting at 170. Extreme weight cutting in order to beat up on smaller guys is against the spirit of martial arts.

But I can see that there are no really good way to do it.
The best way is to make fighters actually make weight.
I think staying ready, is hard. Motivation.. Will I fight or wont I? Its taxing on the mind.
Ranked fighter are not going to do it. Losing a fight like this might impact your ranking and potential earnings / title fight.
I agree, the factors involved are impossible. Just thinking about compensation, the scale would be so convoluted.

Making and enforcing weight is the optimal choice.

Do they do it with all fighters who grossly miss weight?

Was Dern required to cone in at 130lb, maximum? Because she was only 8lb away from that after cutting all the weight she could (allegedly).

It's pretty stupid if it is one rule for some fighters and another rule for others.

Saying that, Till looks like an idiot because he would always boast how he's a LHW who cuts to WW, and he always made weight easily. He rekons he never even used a sauna or hot baths in the past...seems like BS now.

Yes they should do this for every fighter that Misses weight.

Well, if you weight 195 (or even 205 like Till says he does), you shouldn't be fighting at 170. Extreme weight cutting in order to beat up on smaller guys is against the spirit of martial arts.

Who's smaller than Till at 170? Only guys like Cerrone and Dos Anjos & those are guys moving up from 155 because that cut was too hard & there isn't a weight class inbetween 155 & 170, a 15lb jump is too much. You think Till is much bigger than the average 170lber? Emil Meek, Usman, Colby, Tyron, Wonderboy, Maia etc are all big guys, they all cut massive amounts of weight & Till is the same or similar size as them.

Uh the limit is 188lbs...Thats not one but 2 weight classes above 170.

If the UFC said 175lbs then I could see his point. But if Till cannot show up to a fight at 170lbs weighing 188lbs and perform that's on him.

Woah woah, calm down, Wonderboy will probably weigh 188 or more lol

Luke Thomas? The same guy who's ok with steroid use in fighting?

Dunno about that, but its an different matter anyways. One do not have to like a person or agree with everything they say. A dude who spews 90% bs can make a good point once in a while, just sayin.

So he has to make weight on the morning of the fight? Like the old system...or like right before he steps into the octagon. ?

Either way, if he cant make 188 on fight night he needs to move to middleweight

Luke endorses endorses everyone taking steroids but not same day weight cutting..

giphy.gif

Who's smaller than Till at 170? Only guys like Cerrone and Dos Anjos & those are guys moving up from 155 because that cut was too hard & there isn't a weight class inbetween 155 & 170, a 15lb jump is too much. You think Till is much bigger than the average 170lber? Emil Meek, Usman, Colby, Tyron, Wonderboy, Maia etc are all big guys, they all cut massive amounts of weight & Till is the same or similar size as them.

None of them cut as much as Till though, and that's why he can't make the cut. Wonderboy said he weighs 185 maximum when he steps in the cage. Till is at least 10 pounds heavier.

Dunno about that, but its an different matter anyways. One do not have to like a person or agree with everything they say. A dude who spews 90% bs can make a good point once in a while, just sayin.

Agreed. I just dont think this case applies.

Agreed. I just dont think this case applies.

How can it be ok for fighters to negotiate over weight cutting? Its mabey the best way to make the fight fair, but whats fair isnt always the most important thing when it comes to health and safety. For all I know this can be a 100% safe way to go about it and that the doctors thats in this case are employed by the ufc are acting 100% independent regarding thers a lot on the line economicly for the ufc.

How can it be ok for fighters to negotiate over weight cutting? Its mabey the best way to make the fight fair, but whats fair isnt always the most important thing when it comes to health and safety. For all I know this can be a 100% safe way to go about it and that the doctors thats in this case are employed by the ufc are acting 100% independent regarding thers a lot on the line economicly for the ufc.

It's never going to be safe. They are trying to make equitable for everyone involved, the best thing would be to cancel the fight but that's not going to happen

Back