Luke Rockhold's Elite Grappling Displayed In Two Gifs Agaisnt Weidman and Boetsch

It's a shame his takedowns aren't that great because he is magic when it gets to the ground. He just struggles to take it there on his own terms

Yeah, I mean, he's training with 3 of the best wrestlers to ever compete in MMA and he still hasn't got decent takedowns. Having said that, I don't think I see him even go for them.

It's a shame his takedowns aren't that great because he is magic when it gets to the ground. He just struggles to take it there on his own terms

With that in mind, maybe he should have spent less time on grappling offense and more on striking defense? All his losses are because of defense. Right now he doesn't really excel at 1 area that he can impose on top opponents consistently. His grappling lacks wrestling and his striking lacks defense.

Yeah, I couldn’t believe he handled Weidman on the ground like that.

I loved when Rockhold said, “I own the ground”

That was badass actually. The dude is ELITE with his grappling.

on the ground, the guy is unstoppable..too bad his ego is too big and makes him fight standing most of the time...

Honestly Luke is one of the best grapplers I've ever seen. Incredible kicks too.

Always stuck wondering what could have been if he improved upon his terrible striking defense.

One tool he could have really implemented would be an oblique kick. Jones used that to perfection to scare guys out of boxing range. Luke's got a similar tall long-legged build to use it just like how Jones used it.

If he'd just dive for takedowns or the clinch every fight he'd be nigh unstoppable

who told that man he could strike

stevenseagal-with-luke-rockhold.jpg

I'd like to see him in some grappling tourneys.

Back