Luke Rockhold's Elite Grappling Displayed In Two Gifs Agaisnt Weidman and Boetsch

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
Fucking beautiful. Enjoy. Weidman has some of the best single legs ever and Luke easily reversed it.

ufc-172-rockhold-vs-boetsch1.gif

giphy.gif

One of the best grapplers out there.

Very underrated.

Would have liked to see that Whitaker matchup.

The rest of Sherdog want to see his elite di**

<NewGina>

K1 level grappling for sure.

What about his elite striking defense and chin?

Yeah Rockhold is a stud on the ground.

The best grappler at MW with Jacare and Moose.

If he'd just dive for takedowns or the clinch every fight he'd be nigh unstoppable

who told that man he could strike

He’s a smooth operator. If he some how can get gus on the floor ( big if) then gus may be fucked

Last edited:
As much as I think he is a cocky rich kid.....he’s elite as fuck and you can’t deny that. Luke as a LHW will be very interesting.

Great fighter all around with average striking defense and terrible chin. Recipe for entertaining fights, either he gets koed or kos/subs.

Yeah, I couldn’t believe he handled Weidman on the ground like that.

I loved when Rockhold said, “I own the ground”

That was badass actually. The dude is ELITE with his grappling.

It's a shame his takedowns aren't that great because he is magic when it gets to the ground. He just struggles to take it there on his own terms

Great fighter all around with average striking defense and terrible chin. Recipe for entertaining fights, either he gets koed or kos/subs.

More accurate to say average chin but terrible striking defense

Worked on his grappling skills so much he forgot how to speak like a non-douche bag. Best tool for that tool is his grappling for sure

Nice butterfly/knee shield kind of sweep vs Weidman. Was surprised that Weidman didn't know how to stop it.

Back