News Luke Rockhold signs with Karate Combat, set to debut against former GLORY and Bellator veteran Joe Schilling on April 20

Smart career move by the former UFC Middleweight champion?

• Total voters
I'd be a lot more sure if I understood the rules of karate combat a little better. Even if its just a kickboxing match I'd still favor Luke I think. He's lost a lot lately but he's been in there with legit guys like Jan and Yoel and Costa. I never even heard of half the guys Schilling lost to, and that's before a 5 year layoff
It's a hard fight to call but I'm edging more towards Joe if the pack a day didn't catch up to him.

Not interested at all. Rockhold never lived up to his potential as a fighter and regressed heavily late in his UFC career. I'd rather see new blood.

While Luke may be a smug twat I’ll be pulling for him in this one big time. In a twat competition Schilling wins easy, hope he loses.

Not interested at all. Rockhold never lived up to his potential as a fighter and regressed heavily late in his UFC career. I'd rather see new blood.
I mean he was champion in two organizations, he reached his potential, but he just wasn't good enough to break into the "legends" category of champions.

The event poster fucked me up. Really had to go check to see if GSP was fighting Alvarez, I assume that is because he's coming as a Sensei.

Always thought they should've trained together bitd and curious why they didn't, considering both run in the same circle, etc etc.. regardless, def looking forward to this match-up.

Isn't Rockhold a BJJ guy? So he he signs up to fight karate? WTF

Also, why are GSP and Baas in the picture? They coaches?

I mean he was champion in two organizations, he reached his potential, but he just wasn't good enough to break into the "legends" category of champions.

Eh, I guess this could be true, but IMO Rochold had far more potenbial than he showed. Considering strickforce was scooped up pretty early into his career he COULD have been a title defense record type of guy. He really looked like the total package but mentally he didnt have it all. His ego was just a little too much. As it stands right now his title win in the WFC really isnt that great. Im pretty sure everyone here agree's it was the stupid kick by CW that even won him that belt. And, well .... Bisping. Thats what he will be remembered for in the UFC. Getting finished by Bisping and Yoel.

I like Luke, but he looks like shit here. He looks like an alcoholic or something.

Too much sun too much alcohol

Schilling is such unlikable person with zero redeeming qualities. He truly makes me not care about fighter safety when his deciding to return to his lifeless corpse or enter Valhalla.

If Luke gets his teeth kicked in again, I imagine his next fight will be in point karate at the All Valley Tournament.
Safer for a fragile Rockhold.
Have you seen those old school full contact karate matches? They will starch him there too

Reactions: mkt
Hes just going to keep going lower down the combat sports ladder until hes in powerslap.
What's wrong with kickboxing? It's called karate combat but they are allowed to punch to the face, throw, and ground strikes. This is actually a step up from bare knuckle.

That's weird, Sherdog told me Joe Schilling was going to prison for life.

Schilling is one of the few guys who is a bigger jerk than Rocksalt. Let's hope he doesn't get left hooked.
Exactly.

Luke is just a douchebag but he is not mean.. he is just stupid.

Schilling is a pile of ish. Hopefully he gets knocked out violently.

I remember when Bellator tried fo feed him a japanese striker and he got KOEd.. then Bellator booked a rematch between them in kickboxing just to give Schilling the win and he was KOEd again lol.

schilling is an irredeemable douche for that incident. the legal proceeding afterward was a farce as well. drunk loudmouths are annoying, but it’s obvious schilling was looking for an excuse to beat up a non-fighter. hopefully he ends up getting justice for that one way or another. too bad luke won’t be the one too do it lol.
Luke has a good chance of doing it. He's fought way higher levels of competition. Schilling got KO'd in kickboxing by a random mma guy that KO'd him in the B leagues.

Back