• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Looking back at Stipe’s last fight

Corrado Soprano

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This was Stipe’s last fight. Even though Stipe is 47 years old, hasn’t fought in over 3 years, and was brutally concussed/finished, I think he can give Jon a good fight.

The UFC is making the right decision making Jones-Stipe in 2025 and completely ignoring the interim champion.

Jones vs Aspinall please.

I'm yet to come across a single person who would prefer the Stipe fight.

Edit - apart from you TS.
Then you haven't been paying attention..

Jones vs Stipe is the better fight by all margins..

Business wise
Legacy wise
Skill wise
Entertainment wise

Everyone picking Tom is just blinded by youth...the same group who thought future of Hw division Gane was going to win..

Lost in 29 seconds LOL

Then you haven't been paying attention..

Jones vs Stipe is the better fight by all margins..

Business wise
Legacy wise
Skill wise
Entertainment wise

Everyone picking Tom is just blinded by youth...the same group who thought future of Hw division Gane was going to win..

Lost in 29 seconds LOL
No. It really isn't.

The very fact that there's a champ and an interim champ who are NOT due to fight show this up to be the farce that it is.

Stipe made a mistake ... And got caught.. this is the game they play..

Imagine trying to base this guys skill set off of this one fight and completely ignoring the rest of his career...

Stipe looked bad that entire fight but I think over 3 years of inactivity and coming off a knockout could be the key to beat Jon. I mean Jon has never had to deal with that before.

He looked old in that fight but still didn’t do bad. He’s even more washed now

Lets be real, Jon does not deserve to fight the next HW GOAT in Aspinall. So he will just have to fight the last HW GOAT in Stipe. UFC did not want the fight to last 2 minutes in favor of Tom so they made the correct choice.

No. It really isn't.

The very fact that there's a champ and an interim champ who are NOT due to fight show this up to be the farce that it is.

Why is there an interim champion to begin with..

Blame Dana...not Jones he doesnt make those decisions..

There was no need to make interim to begin with but Dana loves to sell a narrative

Last edited:
Why is there an interim champion to begin with..

Blame Dana...not Jones he doesnt make those decisions..

There was no need to make interim to begin with but Dana loves to sell a narrative
I don't blame Jones and didn't in my post. If I was him I'd be more than happy fighting Stipe compared with Aspinall.

Why dont people ever say that before he got KO'd, it was a close fight or maybe he was even winning.

Because that’s bullshit?

Stipe was outclasses in every department he went in for a takedown when Ngannou blasted his leg off and got easily shrugged off while eating a few hard shots on the way out. It was a matter of time before he got KO’d

Back